Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Imogene the Ungrateful Ham

3 posters

Go down

Imogene the Ungrateful Ham Empty Imogene the Ungrateful Ham

Post by MesaMouse Sat 04 Mar 2017, 9:04 pm

Imogene the Ungrateful Ham Pool%20Playpen_zpsbagnexj6
It took me forever to clean this scavenged kiddie pool, get it set up with a nice burrowing depth of aspen and bedding and then cover large cardboard tubes with colorful paper. Imogene was introduced to it last week and, as is her wont, immediately tried to escape. I spent most of the time she was in the pool playpen fending off her attempts to climb out (good upper body strength as she can boost herself over the rim quite easily).
Imogene the Ungrateful Ham Escape%20is%20all%20Imo%20wants_zps3j1pdybm
"Ok, I'll put an end to this", I thought and placed a sheet of heavy plastic from a large poster frame partially over the top of the pool. No match for Imo the escape artist: she quickly made her way to the uncovered area (at least she ran through a few of the tunnels on the way) and had herself halfway out before I could reach my cane over to block her final boost over the edge. We've done the pool playpen a few times now and every time all she wants is to get out, now ignoring the fun tunnels. The pool sits atop a folding patio table and takes up a lot of space in Imo's room so I'm going to dismantle it and just let her do her normal exercise routine in the ball -- at least she thinks she's going somewhere!

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Imogene the Ungrateful Ham Empty Re: Imogene the Ungrateful Ham

Post by scaredymouse Sat 04 Mar 2017, 11:48 pm

Aw, imogene!  If you really wanna have fun before you dismantle it... You should rub some coconut oil/olive oil around the rim of the pool and watch her *try* to get out.  It will be messy but probably very entertaining.  It won't hurt her and it might give you a sense of fulfillment after all the time you put into the pool.

Lol.  Take pictures Smile

Last edited by scaredymouse on Sun 05 Mar 2017, 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i hate my phone)

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sun 05 Mar 2017, 7:53 am

All that space and she still wants out!? Haha Silly girl.

Hamtaro spends all her time in the play bin either hiding or slithering over to the edge/corner to try to climb/dig out. She freezes in the ball mostly. So we figured she gets a lot of exercise in that big bin, so playtime has just become about climbing or chilling on us. She seems more comfortable with that.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down