Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chinese Hamster

+6
scaredymouse
Peachy
MesaMouse
Artistwolf
MouseLover
CallaLily
10 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Chinese Hamster  - Page 5 Empty Re: Chinese Hamster

Post by CallaLily Mon 06 Feb 2017, 6:56 pm

Technically she is his, yes. I'm just smitten. Laughing She does good with him too, crawling on his hands and is sweet as can be.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 07 Feb 2017, 11:10 am

Quick bath.  Sorry it's sideways.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQNt6IWBt3B/
She must think I'm pretty gross because she spends a lot of time washing her face after touching me. Laugh

She's so cute!  Love
Chinese Hamster  - Page 5 20170219

Last edited by CallaLily on Tue 07 Feb 2017, 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added picture)

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Tue 07 Feb 2017, 4:07 pm

Uck, human germs. Giggling She's so pretty!
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 02 Mar 2017, 10:25 am

Her tail is sooo cute! Heart Eyes
Chinese Hamster  - Page 5 Img_2011

Pocket Ham
Chinese Hamster  - Page 5 Img_2012
Washing off those icky human germs again. Giggle

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 02 Mar 2017, 6:38 pm

That is a pretty cute tail. I mess around with my hamsters tails all the time, I like to watch them wiggle Smile

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sat 25 Mar 2017, 10:06 am

Chinese Hamster  - Page 5 20170317

Hamtaro is finally starting to come around!  It used to be that the only time I saw her was when I got her out to hold, but recently she's been coming out more and more on her own at earlier hours. I've been able to watch her run on the saucer many nights around 10pm and have seen her out for a quick drink in the mornings.  Its nice to be able to just watch her do hamstery things. Mouse8

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sat 25 Mar 2017, 7:29 pm

Yay! Doesn't she know how cute she is and how much people like to look at her? Let's have a look atcha!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Tue 18 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

I absolutely love Chinese hamsters - they are sooooooo sweet.
I had a male Chinese hamster years ago - his name was Sweet Pea.
I got him at PetSmart. I've wanted another one ever since as they are wonderful little pets.
I look at PetSmart every time I go in there, but have never seen that they have any Chinese hamsters since. And that's been a couple of years now. And the people who work there are no help. One employee there told me they have never carried Chinese hamsters. I wasn't going to argue with her - but that is exactly where I got my Chinese hamster! I keep hoping they will carry them again someday.
You are lucky to have one! And such a cutie!
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 18 Apr 2017, 1:10 pm

Thanks! She is the first I've seen at a pet store around here.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by PastelMouse Tue 18 Apr 2017, 9:34 pm

If I didn't want a mouse so bad I would've loved to get another hammy that was a Chinese. They're so cute! I love that you keep updating this thread, I should do something like that as a memory keepsake.

Sr Member
Sr Member

Cheerful

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Tue 18 Apr 2017, 9:55 pm

I was doing some research today trying to find a Chinese hamster in my area. I learned that one reason there aren't a lot of Chinese hamsters available is because they are extremely hard to breed. They said that a lot of the time when they put a male in with a female to mate, the female would attack the male before any mating could even take place.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Tue 18 Apr 2017, 10:35 pm

Rodents rock! wrote:I was doing some research today trying to find a Chinese hamster in my area. I learned that one reason there aren't a lot of Chinese hamsters available is because they are extremely hard to breed. They said that a lot of the time when they put a male in with a female to mate, the female would attack the male before any mating could even take place.
Interesting! They are totally illegal in CA (unless you buy a $400 permit and renew the permit yearly for $60 Sigh ). I was considering getting a chinese hamster in the future, then I found out they were illegal Undecided . I'm glad syrian hamsters are legal though.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 26 Apr 2017, 9:37 am

Very interesting info on the breeding troubles. I noticed that the pet store I was in Monday had a tank labeled Chinese hamster, but it looked empty. Different location then where I bought Hamtaro, so seems they're suddenly more popular here....or maybe I just never noticed them before.

That stinks about them being illegal there, @AnonymousMouseOwner. Sad

This morning Hamtaro was tunneling along the bottom of her bin. She seemed determined to move all the bedding from the floor here, and was also struggling to move a pretty good sized wood chew.
Chinese Hamster  - Page 5 Img_2013

Think it's about time for a full clean. I still need to pick up some more bedding!  It's what I went into that pet store for in the first place, but their price was higher so I ended up leaving with only moss and roaches.   Then I looked at another pet store, same issue, and left with pretzel sticks and a sisal ball for the mice. Laughing  I just need to go ahead and order online again.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Wed 26 Apr 2017, 8:50 pm

When / if I ever see one again, I will be getting him immediately! In Love
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sun 30 Apr 2017, 1:40 pm

I ordered this platform for Hamtaro's bin. Can't wait to put it in.  She loves the wooden houses so much, I'm sure she'll enjoy it too.
Chinese Hamster  - Page 5 20170415

I also ordered this little tube.
Chinese Hamster  - Page 5 20170414

I would love to use natural things like this for the mice too, but even if I sealed them I know they'd be wrecked very quickly!  Yay for hamsters who don't mess as much.  Giggle

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next