Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hamster pics

+6
CinnamonPearl
Mouseketeers
MouseLover
Peachy
Artistwolf
scaredymouse
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

hamster pics Empty hamster pics

Post by scaredymouse Wed 04 May 2016, 4:46 pm

just thought i'd post a couple of hammie pictures in case anyone missed them Bouncy

silly Splotchy.  I sprinkled construction paper heart shape cut outs in her tank, like I do sometimes.  well, silly splotchy went around the tank stuffing them all in her cheeks.  it was the most ridiculous thing to see.  anyway, she decorated her nest with them.  it was cute.  the mice collect them, too, to put them in the nest, but of course, they do it one at a time.  a lot less silly looking. Laugh

hamster pics TGNJzLG

hamster pics Pl5kVLC

hamster pics WMXWg9E

and my handsome boy, Murray, who is finally starting to warm up.  he was so fearful when I brought him home, so I've been taking it very slow with him.  now he eagerly jumps on my hand when i'm in his tank.  he's so handsome.   Heart  Love

hamster pics FziWBKE
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

hamster pics Empty Re: hamster pics

Post by Artistwolf Wed 04 May 2016, 4:47 pm

I love these hammies! Thanks for the new photos, I was missing them!

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Wed 04 May 2016, 4:52 pm

She's so pretty (love her ears), but what a goofy place to put paper hearts!! Rofling

Glad Murray is warming up. I was wondering when you would share hamster pics. lol
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Wed 04 May 2016, 5:07 pm

Aaw the paper hearts are such a cute idea Smile Murray is a handsome boy indeed.
I've never owned a hamster. How do you find they compare to mice?

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 04 May 2016, 5:28 pm

Hams are tons of fun.  I could watch them eat forever, stuffing those little cheeks.  They are fast, goofy, and have big personalities.  If you spend a lot of time training, they will snuggle up and take naps on you.  I can't imagine life without hams or mice.  On the plus side, they don't poop and pee on you!  Since they are bigger, you can let them run around the room, free range, if you hamster proof it (no cords, holes in the wall, etc).  They do need at least a 20g tank and have to live alone.  And they really enjoy time out of the tank.  In summary, lol, they are really different.  But if you like small animals and the kind of relationship that you develop with them, you would love hamsters.  The only thing is that hamsters are more likely to bite.  I mean, you have to really peach off a mouse for them to bite you but a hamster would bite first and ask questions later.  That said, my hamsters don't bite.  I got one hammie who was quite a chomper, but with a little tlc, I broke her of the habit.  Then can get a little territorial, especially after enduring the living conditions at pet stores.  Mice tend to be much more gentle, I mean they are just so tiny.  One of my Syrian hamsters just hit 200grams.  That's a big ham!  And they are all muscle.  Of course, you could get a tiny ham like this one!  she's only about 35 grams Smile

hamster pics W1yg7Uc

they always look like this, because they wanna come out and see you!
hamster pics VZcTsLI

they love to eat
hamster pics NAX3sOi

if you have a lot of time on your hands, you can train them to put up with this
hamster pics W5T4efR

of course, you can train mice to do that too
hamster pics GFq8pbH
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Wed 04 May 2016, 10:10 pm

One day I'm going to have to get a mouse, a pair of rats, and a hamster. And a cat. Probably all boys. You guys are killing me XD

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouseketeers Thu 05 May 2016, 7:31 am

Eee! How dd I miss this?! That first photo killed me! Love

Unfortunately we are not allowed hamsters in Australia so I will have to live vicariously through you!
Mouseketeers
Mouseketeers
Sr Member
Sr Member

Relaxed

https://www.instagram.com/mymouseketeers/

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Thu 05 May 2016, 7:40 am

Mouseketeers wrote:Unfortunately we are not allowed hamsters in Australia...

Really? How come?

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouseketeers Thu 05 May 2016, 7:49 am

CinnamonPearl wrote:
Mouseketeers wrote:Unfortunately we are not allowed hamsters in Australia...

Really? How come?

Australia has some pretty tight import laws when it comes to animals. The Australian outback has a way of taking normal every day cute creatures and turning them into blood thirsty ginormous monsters Razz

If you were found to have a pet rabbit in QLD ( one of our states ) you would be up for some pretty hefty fines. We are talking $40000 fines. They are an absolute pest in Aus, causing huge problems.
Mouseketeers
Mouseketeers
Sr Member
Sr Member

Relaxed

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Thu 05 May 2016, 7:51 am

Aw, that's a shame. Rabbits and hamsters are such lovely animals. But hey, at least you get mice. They're the best of all!

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouseketeers Thu 05 May 2016, 7:55 am

CinnamonPearl wrote:Aw, that's a shame. Rabbits and hamsters are such lovely animals. But hey, at least you get mice. They're the best of all!

Haha you are not wrong there!

Ironically a lot of the problems with have with invasive species were created by us using said species to remove other invasive species Razz Creating a never ending cycle. It never fails to make me wonder what they were thinking.
Mouseketeers
Mouseketeers
Sr Member
Sr Member

Relaxed

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 05 May 2016, 8:50 am

They are all super cute but Splotchy is my fav, oh my goodness the faces!  Love her!  Heart

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 05 May 2016, 9:36 am

Splotchy is pretty amazing.  She was such a surprise.  She was so depressed at the pet store.  It pains me that I passed her by for six months at the pet store.  I mean, we already had too many critters and I couldn't have known that she would sit there that long or how amazing she was...

She makes 100 different faces.  She is so clumsy and dorky and funny.  Now when I get her out of the tank, I hold her belly up, and tickly her belly while I squeal "ticky ticky ticky ticky" and she just stares at me with that goofy face.  LOVE!  She is such a character.  Next time I clean her tank, I'm going to sprinkle hearts around again.  Hopefully, she'll do the same thing and stuff them all in her cheeks.  I'd love to get a video of that.

Here's more Splotchy.  I'm not sure if I've posted any of these before... but I love to show her off.  I'm a proud momma.

Here are her pretty ruby eyes!  I thought she had black eyes until I took a picture with a flash.  That was a surprise!

hamster pics Yg2Hz1v

She even sleeps like a goof:

hamster pics Qfpsz2B

This is her b**** face when she just wakes up

hamster pics 2TD3bHJ

Sometimes she looks like a little angel

hamster pics HWjmZoM

hamster pics AqZiy9q

Hams like hammocks, too

hamster pics 2BLl0nt
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Thu 05 May 2016, 9:54 am

I think I've seen most of those, but those sleeping pictures are so sweet. I love the fifth one! Smile
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 05 May 2016, 11:19 am

Even her grumpy face is adorable. I think I've seen some of the sleeping ones but they will never get old. Love the one where she's smooshed against the glass. Laughing

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next