Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet my new hammy!

+3
MesaMouse
scaredymouse
AnonymousMouseOwner
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Meet my new hammy! Empty Meet my new hammy!

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Mon 26 Dec 2016, 7:10 pm

Finally I got a hamster, after months of saving up supplies! Dollar per gallon sale was at Petco today so he got a spacious 40 gallon breeder tank and quite a few inches of bedding. He's a happy little guy exploring his new habitat. No name yet! Smile
Meet my new hammy! Hamste12
Meet my new hammy! Hamste13

He's such a pretty little guy, not sure what color he is. He is tan & white with red eyes. Now, enough typing, let's get to the pictures!

You gotta love that little face Love
Meet my new hammy! Hamste10
Meet my new hammy! Hamste11
Meet my new hammy! Hamste14
Meet my new hammy! Hamste15
Meet my new hammy! Hamste17
Meet my new hammy! Hamste16
Meet my new hammy! Hamste18

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Meet my new hammy! Empty Re: Meet my new hammy!

Post by scaredymouse Mon 26 Dec 2016, 7:32 pm

Squeeeeeeee! What a cutie butt!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Mon 26 Dec 2016, 7:34 pm

Yay! A ham! Congrats on finding such a cutie Kiss Smiley . Coloring-wise, he looks a lot like scaredymouse's Orange Sherberta. Gotta love that upside down digging in the corner pic (those little feetsies!!) -- Imogene does that and then executes a perfect flip-turn to head back in the other direction Rofling !

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Mon 26 Dec 2016, 8:11 pm

New pictures! I don't want to stress him too much so these are the last pictures for a few days while he settles in Smile
Meet my new hammy! Hamste19
Meet my new hammy! Hamste22
Meet my new hammy! Hamste21
Meet my new hammy! Hamste20
Startled by his own reflection! Razz
Meet my new hammy! Hamste23

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Mon 26 Dec 2016, 9:47 pm

He is ADORABLE. Just, adorable. XD

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Mon 26 Dec 2016, 11:15 pm

Cute! Congrats.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Tue 27 Dec 2016, 12:15 am

He is so cute! And he's just a little baby! I want to plant kisses all over that little potato!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Tue 27 Dec 2016, 2:03 am

Question - does anyone use hot glue for items in their hammy's cage? I was thinking his cage looked a little bare so I thought I'd go out and buy some more popsicle sticks & glue to make some platforms and things. So, is non toxic hot glue safe?

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Tue 27 Dec 2016, 7:24 am

I use hot glue in the hammie tanks but I try to be more careful with it, no giant globs anywhere. It's non-toxic, but since they pouch stuff, I just feel better about minimizing excess glue.

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 27 Dec 2016, 8:09 am

Congrats! He's a cutie. I love the upside down pic and the reflection one.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Tue 27 Dec 2016, 3:13 pm

scaredymouse wrote:I use hot glue in the hammie tanks but I try to be more careful with it, no giant globs anywhere.  It's non-toxic, but since they pouch stuff, I just feel better about minimizing excess glue.

I was worried about that, too, scaredymouse, so the only thing I made for Imogene is the wooden platform she sleeps under: no excess glue, no even those easy to miss glue threads.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Tue 27 Dec 2016, 10:30 pm

Ok, thanks Scaredy and Mesa! I picked up some popsicle sticks, hot glue sticks, and sand today. So he'll have a new platform and sand bath. May I ask, do they kick the sand everywhere? It seems like a messy toy and I'm hesitating to put it in. Maybe it should just be for playtime?

Also, once he's all settled in I will post some more pics!

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Wed 28 Dec 2016, 12:39 am

He's such a sweet little guy so far - I mean, I haven't interacted with him much yet because I'm supposed to give him a few days to himself, but I handed him an apple stick chew and he took it from me gently and immediately started chewing - he's so cute! I've decided his name is Blue. Oddly, while most people consider blue to be a sad color, it is my favorite color and it makes me think of happiness and fun. So, I think it fits his fun, active personality Smile. So far, little Blue is nothing like my previous dwarf hamster!

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 28 Dec 2016, 12:51 am

Yeah, the sand gets everywhere. Since he's a Syrian, he doesn't *need* sand, so you can definitely save it for play time. And he might not even really care about it. The only real benefit to keeping it in the tank is that sometimes they use it as a sandbox. But in my opinion, spot cleaning is spot cleaning, whether is sand or bedding. Splotchy loves her sand bath, she's my only Syrian to have a full time bath in her tank. The sand sweeps out pretty good on cleaning day, but sometimes I need to grab the hand vac. It's not that bad to clean.

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Wed 28 Dec 2016, 10:40 pm

Blue enjoyed some millet, mealworms, and Cheerios today. He's still a little nervous around me so I didn't stay near him too long, but long enough to get some cute pics! Smile
Meet my new hammy! Scout_20
Meet my new hammy! Scout_19
Meet my new hammy! Scout_27
Meet my new hammy! Scout_21
Meet my new hammy! Scout_25
Meet my new hammy! Scout_26
Meet my new hammy! Scout_22
Meet my new hammy! Scout_24
Meet my new hammy! Scout_23
Meet my new hammy! Scout_28

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next