Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New hammy :)

+8
Mice Are Cute
Darkly_Innocent
Rodents rock!
CucumberMouse
CallaLily
scaredymouse
River
AnonymousMouseOwner
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New hammy :) Empty New hammy :)

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Thu 14 Dec 2017, 4:03 am

Today I adopted a new syrian hamster! My mom called the "pet" store in our town this afternoon. Basically, my town has no actual pet stores, but we have this really old store that has been around forever that sells "essentials" like food, water bottles/dishes, flea medication for dogs/cats, etc.. Though most of it isn't very high quality stuff, so I never really shop there for anything.

Anyways, my mom called and asked if they have any hamsters, because she knew I was wanting to adopt one. They said yes, they have syrian hamsters from an accidental litter. Basically, the pet store was selling hamsters from someone's accidental litter. Normally they wouldn't sell hamsters, but sometimes they take in hamsters from these types of situations. One time, someone just dumped a box of hamsters for them to take care of and find homes for Sad

The story is that the momma hamster escaped her cage at the person's house, and they also had a male hamster in the house. They looked all over for momma, she was nowhere to be seen. Then one day, there she was, in the male's cage! Supposedly, they ended up with 18 babies.... and the pet store was helping them "get rid" of the babies, so they were selling them for a very small fee.

So when we went there, there were like bin cages lined up, and the store owner had a lot of the hammies named already, lol, so I think they must have been there a little while. We talked a while and looked at all the hammies, and I ended up with a cute little guy who is about 6 months old (So, not such a little guy!).

So anyways, I got him, and he's home now! He's been running on the wheel nonstop since I brought him home. I'm sure he likes his giant comfort wheel much better than the back-arching wheel at the store! I'm so happy I finally found a hammy to adopt! Let's hope this guy lives to be a 110 years old in hamster years! Smile

New hammy :) Img_9516
New hammy :) Img_9514
New hammy :) Img_9513
New hammy :) Img_9515
New hammy :) Img_9519
New hammy :) Img_9518
New hammy :) Img_9517

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

New hammy :) Empty Re: New hammy :)

Post by River Thu 14 Dec 2017, 9:30 am

He looks like Ozzie from over the hedge. Look at those paws.

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 14 Dec 2017, 3:52 pm

I wish you the best of luck with this little one Smile

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 14 Dec 2017, 4:04 pm

Awww he's so pretty. Congrats!

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CucumberMouse Thu 14 Dec 2017, 5:47 pm

He's such a cute little guy Bouncy I'm sure he'll enjoy his new home with you
CucumberMouse
CucumberMouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sheepish

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Thu 14 Dec 2017, 8:35 pm

I'm so happy for you and your new little guy! Have you named him yet? Is he friendly? He is absolutely adorable! How did you decide on him from all the hamsters?
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkly_Innocent Thu 14 Dec 2017, 10:00 pm

Aww, he's too cute! Congratulations on getting him!

Jr Member
Jr Member

Gemini Sick

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Fri 15 Dec 2017, 3:11 pm

Rodents rock! wrote:I'm so happy for you and your new little guy! Have you named him yet? Is he friendly? He is absolutely adorable! How did you decide on him from all the hamsters?
Thank you! No, not yet! I haven't gotten to know him very well yet. He seemed very friendly at the store, but he's very shy so far in his new home! Soon we well start taming, and hopefully he won't be so shy! The person at the store though, was holding him, kissing him, and petting him, and he didn't mind at all, so I think that says something! Laughing I picked him out because he was the most healthy, active hammy there. He was out running on the wheel, walking around, etc., and I wanted to make sure I picked out the most healthy hammy there was this time!

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mice Are Cute Fri 15 Dec 2017, 7:09 pm

Aww he is so cute! Good luck with the little ham!

Remembering: Rainbow Angel ]Blondie, Obi (Hamster), and Grayson  Heart Eyes

Other Pets: Hunter (dog) Kiss
Mice Are Cute
Mice Are Cute
Sr Member
Sr Member

Pisces Inspired

https://thehappymilkshakeblog.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Fri 15 Dec 2017, 8:00 pm

Here's some new pics of the little guy Smile New hammy :) Img_9521
New hammy :) Img_9525
New hammy :) Img_9522
New hammy :) Img_9524
New hammy :) Img_9520
New hammy :) Img_9523

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Fri 15 Dec 2017, 8:36 pm

He is so adorable, very unique coloring. Looks like his fur is super thick Very Happy
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sat 16 Dec 2017, 9:45 am

Are you still going with nature names?

Greige
Taupe
Granite
Linen

Just thinking out loud. I like names. Smile

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Wed 20 Dec 2017, 2:13 am

CallaLily wrote:Are you still going with nature names?  

Greige
Taupe
Granite
Linen

Just thinking out loud. I like names. Smile
Thank you for the suggestions! I am still going with nature names. I just chose a different name for Jack that didn't quite fit that theme, because I felt it suited him better.

Granite is cute, I'm considering that one. I've never had such a hard time picking a name! I'll keep thinking about it, I may pick that name! I try to always be certain that the name I pick suits them, because I don't want to end up changing it!

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Wed 20 Dec 2017, 2:17 am

Granite seems such an odd pet name, but he does kind of look like one. lol What a cutie!
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Wed 20 Dec 2017, 2:19 am

Peachy wrote:Granite seems such an odd pet name, but he does kind of look like one. lol What a cutie!
I thought so too at first, but it is original! I tried to see online if anyone had pets with that name, lol. There's a dog that runs iditarod races, and his name is Granite, pretty cool! He does look like one because of his colors Razz

Thank you!

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next