Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mouse seems depressed

3 posters

Go down

Mouse seems depressed  Empty Mouse seems depressed

Post by MooMouse Tue 27 Dec 2016, 7:02 pm

I don't know if mice can actually get depressed, but something is definitely up with Rogue. It started around 2 days ago, he became less interested in running on his wheel and he wasn't running around his cage as much. I cleaned his tank yesterday and he hasn't even bothered rearranging his dirt yet into the usual pile in the middle of the cage and clearing the dirt from under his wheel so that he can go under it. I haven't seen him in his hammock as much wanting attention and wanting to come out. He also does this thing where he just sits and stares off into the distance for up to almost 10 secconds at a time. I don't know for sure but his breathing seems faster too. He's definitely overweight, could that be contributing to it? I don't really know what to do or what could have caused this, I always give him things to climb on and do in his tank. I think he might be a little OCD as well, he sits on his wheel and grooms himself a lot. I brought the girls home yesterday, but could that really affect him? I'm worried about him and it breaks my heart to see him like this. If any of you have any suggestions or ideas about what this could be please let me know.

I forgot to add that he just doesn't seem to get excited anymore either Sad
MooMouse
MooMouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

1st Place -- January 2017

Back to top Go down

Mouse seems depressed  Empty Re: Mouse seems depressed

Post by CallaLily Tue 27 Dec 2016, 7:42 pm

Sudden changes in behavior could mean he's sick. You mentioned his breathing is off so maybe an URI? A trip to the vet may be in order.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by MooMouse Tue 27 Dec 2016, 10:21 pm

Okay. I will try to make an appointment with a vet tomorrow if he doesn't improve. Do you think that running a humidifier in the room he is in could help? Would it hurt him or the girls, who are in the same room as him?

MooMouse
MooMouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

1st Place -- January 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 28 Dec 2016, 1:21 am

Humidifier will help him and won't hurt the girls at all.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down