Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did I do the right thing by separating my mouse?

3 posters

Go down

Did I do the right thing by separating my mouse? Empty Did I do the right thing by separating my mouse?

Post by MousieMomma Tue 20 Oct 2020, 4:23 pm

So for a little backstory, I got 4 mice from the pet store (yeah yeah I know, I shouldn’t get pets from a pet store, but there are no breeders in my area) about three months ago, one died unexpectedly about three weeks in, and so I was left with 3. One of my mice, Storm, I noticed always bullied the other mice, especially Cinderellie, the smallest of them (she is very abnormally small, I suspect it’s because she was a runt in her litter). I decided to separate Storm from Cinderellie and Sif, and I bought 3 more mice to introduce to my other 2 since I had a huge cage intended for 4-6 mice. I’m just wondering, did I do the right thing by separating Storm? She lives in her own cage, and I take her out to interact with her at least once a day for at least a half an hour, and I plan on making her a fake friend as soon as I get a little free time.

One other thing I think should be known is that it wasn’t just squabbling or arguing, she was drawing blood. And I tried adding extra wheels, water bottles, food dishes, hides, toys, etc.

Thank you in advance.
MousieMomma
MousieMomma

Sagittarius Dreaming

Back to top Go down

Did I do the right thing by separating my mouse? Empty Re: Did I do the right thing by separating my mouse?

Post by Clementine Wed 21 Oct 2020, 7:43 am

I think you did the right thing. I know it may be hard to see your mouse living all alone, but if you hadn't separated them, one of your other mice could have become injured or even dead. And it's good that you spend a lot of extra time with Storm Smile
Clementine
Clementine

Scorpio Sluggish

MousieMomma likes this post

Back to top Go down

Did I do the right thing by separating my mouse? Empty Re: Did I do the right thing by separating my mouse?

Post by M O U S E Wed 21 Oct 2020, 7:56 am

It was most definitely the right thing to separate your mouse if she was drawing blood. Since mice are very social, extra interaction is very, very recommended (which it seems like you're already aware of). Maybe some extra toys would be nice as well. Also, if the wounds on Cinderellie look really bad or infected, you should take her to a vet.
M O U S E
M O U S E
Sr Member
Sr Member

Taurus Creative

MousieMomma likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down