Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AM I DOING THE RIGHT THING?? (Plz answer asap)

2 posters

Go down

AM I DOING THE RIGHT THING?? (Plz answer asap) Empty AM I DOING THE RIGHT THING?? (Plz answer asap)

Post by mousymom191 Thu 03 Jan 2019, 9:23 pm

Hi! I'm a new owner of 3 female mice:). It's been around 5 days since I got them and I'm trying to figure out if what I'm doing is okay. So, since my mice like to pee/poop on their wheels I've had to clean them 2 times now to keep things from smelling. In that time I also clean their food bowl and put new food in. Although they do seem to be coming around to me a bit (they see me from the outside watching and just go on with their business), they still get scared (heard one squeaking... I'm assuming that was because she was scared) when I come in to clean. Is this okay?? Confused... and if not, how should I go about spot cleaning? BTW, I haven't actually tried to handle one yet.

mousymom191
Jr Member
Jr Member

Libra Sheepish

Back to top Go down

AM I DOING THE RIGHT THING?? (Plz answer asap) Empty Re: AM I DOING THE RIGHT THING?? (Plz answer asap)

Post by Peachy Fri 04 Jan 2019, 8:39 am

This link has some great info about handling and taking:
https://www.petmousefanciers.com/t8-handling-and-taming

You’re doing fine. Your mouse was probably squeaking over a favorite food or because her roommate pulled her hair too hard during grooming, not because of you entering the room. They can squeak when scared, but it’s more likely to happen if you grab for them. The
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down