Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun Area Leon Cage

+5
scaredymouse
CinnamonPearl
CallaLily
peas
stephlisa
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fun Area Leon Cage - Page 2 Empty Re: Fun Area Leon Cage

Post by stephlisa Tue 07 Nov 2017, 9:17 am

Hi @Moosticks, sorry for not replying sooner - I tend to drop in once or twice a week and it was all a bit busy!

The cage is holding up great. The coated levels are doing great, they don't smell, they're clean and going strong (recommend putting some bedding of some sort on them still - I tend to use paper kitchen towels at the bottom).

We lost Colin who we brought this cage for, but now have two brothers who live in it. (Yes, I know its not recommended to keep male mice together in general, this is a special circumstance). These two boys particularly love it, possibly more than Colin did because they are such climbers. As there are two of them, its also messier (but the wooden levels are still clean and non-smelly currently). The main downside I have with the cage currently is that their food and poop falls out the sides and onto the side we keep it on. Its not a massive problem, just an extra thing to remember to clear up every couple of days or so. I had a set of homemade edges which worked well until the mice chewed them up too much to be useful!!!

I hope that helps! I would thoroughly recommend this cage though! Let me know if you've got any more questions Smile
stephlisa
stephlisa

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by moosticks Tue 28 Nov 2017, 11:48 am

Ah! I'm sorry, I totally forgot to respond to your message!

Thanks for getting back to me about this cage. We haven't upgraded yet.. I'm not sure if we're going to, as I'm a bit reluctant to have them throwing food, poo, bedding and litter out of the bars, haha. But we'll see. I might change my mind if I find a different location to keep them in.

I'm really intrigued by your plasti-kote workaround on the untreated timber. I'm wondering if I could utilise this approach to extend the life of things like their coconut hide-away (by painting the inside, which gets a bit pongy!). Have you tried using it on any other items to stop them from smelling/making them easier to clean?
moosticks
moosticks
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aries Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa Tue 28 Nov 2017, 3:06 pm

Don't worry about not replying :-)
I've not used Plastikote on any other things. For hides and things I tend to swap them out each week and air them so they don't build up their smell. They also get washed/thrown when they're really disgusting. In the place they sleep my boys are generally very neat and tidy so this works for me.
stephlisa
stephlisa

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2