Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The survivors of the original 19 babies

+4
Peachy
scaredymouse
CinnamonPearl
Soren
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The survivors of the original 19 babies - Page 3 Empty Re: The survivors of the original 19 babies

Post by Mouseketeers Mon 09 May 2016, 8:12 am

Eeee! She has spots!! I want the spotted one!! <3 They look lovely and healthy!
Mouseketeers
Mouseketeers
Sr Member
Sr Member

Relaxed

https://www.instagram.com/mymouseketeers/

Back to top Go down

The survivors of the original 19 babies - Page 3 Empty Re: The survivors of the original 19 babies

Post by Soren Mon 09 May 2016, 11:05 pm

Lost another baby today. Dang, i've never had so much tragedy in one litter.
Although it could be worse. She didn't have first-time-mother-syndrome, and she came away from the birth without complications.
But still. All the pregnant does I've ever brought home, the babies that lived past day 3, survived until adulthood. It seems wierd to me.

A breeder would probably know more than me. Does this kind of thing happen a lot?
Incident A: when I checked her litter at day 3, she had 19 pups (she probably didn't cull), so I culled to 11
Incident B: at 10 days old she culled down to 9 (why didnt she cull earlier when she had 19?)
Incident C: a 15-day old baby dies

Maybe I'm just over thinking it...
Soren
Soren
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouseketeers Tue 10 May 2016, 4:13 am

Unfortunately this cements my thoughts on these guys. I would say that this far along and the fact it's happening sporadically would suggest that they are dying not being killed. Similar to weaning a peanut will cause failure to thrive. Sounds like the closer they get to weaning age the less they are thriving. Despite what it looks like to us.
I see two scenarios. One bleak one where they will continue to drop off till they are weaned when the remainder will die.
Or the much nicer alternative being that some are healthy normal mice and will thrive even past weaning.

I think it's more a combination of the two :/ either way not a nice situation at all! They all looked like lovely healthy babies.

Just a side note to mention that these are just my opinions. Please don't take it as law. I have my fingers crossed for a really good outcome.
Mouseketeers
Mouseketeers
Sr Member
Sr Member

Relaxed

https://www.instagram.com/mymouseketeers/

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Tue 10 May 2016, 7:57 am

So sorry to hear this Sad how upsetting. Hope that the rest of the babies make it, they're lovely Sad
MouseLover
MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Tue 10 May 2016, 4:26 pm

those poor little sweet babies Sad

I would have to agree with the comments above, that there is most likely a health concern that we cant see. they could be passing on naturally. I'm so sorry... what sad stuff to have to go through.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3