Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pumpkin Mice - Updates

+4
CallaLily
maygins
Mouseketeers
pumpkinmouse
8 posters

Go down

Pumpkin Mice - Updates Empty Pumpkin Mice - Updates

Post by pumpkinmouse Tue 11 Oct 2016, 1:32 am

What a hiatus it's been Laughing
Hope everyone & their fur kids are doing excellent!

The purpose of this board, in theory, is to keep a record of the mice's photos & short updates as I go along. Hopefully this will encourage me to stay more active - I've owned mice for so many years now, it's pretty infrequent that I have any questions about them. However, I do miss the boards :c

I have lost most of my mice this year. Asia, Kash, Aylah, Lychee, Reagan, Cerena & most recently, Pumpkin Spice, Venus & Sequoiah. Pumpkin & Venus were the only two who made it past their first birthdays.
I'm truly becoming sick of the mice in this country. The breeding standards are horrendous, the care available in the pet stores is non existent, & there is still zero breeders. I have chosen to no longer adopt mice who are disabled or sick in an attempt to help them, because I can't handle it anymore amongst the problems my 'healthy' mice keep developing. It has taken me months to work out some of the behavioral issues with my current group, & they're still nowhere near trusting me.
Outside of the obvious issues with health, I used to really enjoy photographing my mice & their habitats. I actually try to coordinate the coat colors of mice I own to complement eachother - like I do with their habitats, my own habitat (haha) & most things in life, lol. The available colors have taken a nose dive. Not even that, the mice now just look... weird. I'm not sure how to explain it, but their faces look strange. My city never had a wide array of options to begin with, but now all there seems to be is these odd looking little guys.

I wish shipping mice in from European lines was an option for me. It's heartbreaking to lose so many little personalities so quickly. It's hard to look back on their videos & pictures & feel like they had the most fulfilling life I could have given them. They keep dying so young. I don't want to give up on owning mice - not only are they the only mammalian pets I can own because of my allergies, but because I understand them... & absolutely adore them. As always, any advice on how I can access healthier mice is always appreciated.

On a less negative note, these are some shots from our last trip outside before the snow started. They are less than thrilled in most of these because of course, as soon as I started taking pictures of them the neighbors started burning leaves Twisted
All of my photos are taken on an iPhone.

Pumpkin Mice - Updates 14596795_1290427394333245_1727072926009655296_n
Aliyah
Pumpkin Mice - Updates 14533487_1703223459998107_4953165845791506432_n
Kaelah Peach (I swore I would never own this color)
Still a little beat up from the pet store, weeks later Pumpkin Mice - Updates 14473970_1748045658794380_7685393919453954048_n
Nayah - pre nap
Pumpkin Mice - Updates 14566724_537067266483998_6320373061321228288_n
Incredibly angry Ferryn (another color I said I would never own)
Pumpkin Mice - Updates 14540631_2136422266582388_5186736629888319488_n
Peach sniffs, & Valentina who is still kicking - only now completely blind
Pumpkin Mice - Updates 14574066_1778950542321752_3570669384206647296_n
Kaija

Jr Member
Jr Member

Cancer Elated

Back to top Go down

Pumpkin Mice - Updates Empty Re: Pumpkin Mice - Updates

Post by Mouseketeers Tue 11 Oct 2016, 4:38 am

Fantastic photos and they are adorable. I can only imagine how tough it would be with such limited options :/
Mouseketeers
Mouseketeers
Sr Member
Sr Member

Relaxed

https://www.instagram.com/mymouseketeers/

Back to top Go down

Post by maygins Tue 11 Oct 2016, 6:33 am

Aww! I adore all of your mice Smile I'm sorry that the USA's options are not so good anymore, I got my mice from ACE hardware. Do you think they'll suffer problems?
I'm sure that you'll find a place to get you healthier mice Smile I'm rather new to the rodent genre so I wouldn't know.

Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Drama Queen

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjrkVYG7q94N_NHZv02zAvw?view_as=subscriber

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 11 Oct 2016, 9:24 am

They're all so cute! Really great shots too. I'm so sorry for your recent losses.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Tue 11 Oct 2016, 11:20 am

They are all so beautiful, lovely array of colors!

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by pumpkinmouse Tue 11 Oct 2016, 4:18 pm

Thank you guys so much for all your kind words! <3
While browsing Instagram today, I found someone in my province (Alberta) who breeds European Great Dane dogs, & also has pictures posted of tri color, fox, chocolate splash & some beautiful brindle litters they bred. Obviously they had them shipped in, because TRI COLOR... holy smokes. I already messaged them. Really hoping now that they'll respond & I'll be able to pick up some mice. My heart is actually pounding. I have wanted tri mice, amongst other things, for yeaaaaaars c:

Jr Member
Jr Member

Cancer Elated

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Tue 11 Oct 2016, 8:26 pm

Such beautiful girls. I'm so, so sorry for all of your losses. I think mice have broken my heart more than any other animals I have ever had... I don't know if it's because they leave so soon or because of the health troubles they endure or watching their hearts break when they lose their friends....

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by pumpkinmouse Fri 14 Oct 2016, 11:10 pm

scaredymouse wrote:Such beautiful girls.  I'm so, so sorry for all of your losses.  I think mice have broken my heart more than any other animals I have ever had... I don't know if it's because they leave so soon or because of the health troubles they endure or watching their hearts break when they lose their friends....  

Thank you so much scaredy Love
I have to agree with you on that one. I've had a wide array of 'less popular' pets & none of them had quite an impact like mice do. I don't think I could imagine life without them, lol.

Jr Member
Jr Member

Cancer Elated

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal Fri 14 Oct 2016, 11:25 pm

The breeder near me that closed down this summer had nothing but black tans and tri-colors. I just got a little black tan (that looks more like a black cream) as my third colony girl because she looks like Halloween! Really good pictures.

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Sat 15 Oct 2016, 3:18 pm

Oh my gosh, I missed this post. These pictures are sooo adorable, and so seasonal, I love it Very Happy

The last pic makes a great new avatar too, Pumpkinmouse Very Happy

So sorry to hear of your losses though Sad Mice are such little heart-breakers.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by pumpkinmouse Sat 12 Aug 2017, 1:57 am

Fall of last year. All deceased now  Sad

Pumpkin Mice - Updates 2016-113
Pumpkin Mice - Updates 2016-112
Pumpkin Mice - Updates 2016-114
Pumpkin Mice - Updates 2016-115
Pumpkin Mice - Updates 2016-111

Jr Member
Jr Member

Cancer Elated

ubemilkshake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Pumpkin Mice - Updates Empty Pumpkin Mice - Updates (This somehow didn't make it into my original post)

Post by pumpkinmouse Sat 12 Aug 2017, 2:06 am

I somehow posted this outside my thread, not sure how to delete /: PLEASE HELP

All taken within the last 2 months <3
Please note the one with bite marks on her tail & ear (Valencia) was brought home like that. I don't tolerate biting mice.

Pumpkin Mice - Updates Img_0610
Pumpkin Mice - Updates Img_0612
Pumpkin Mice - Updates Img_0613
Pumpkin Mice - Updates Img_0611
Pumpkin Mice - Updates Img_1810
Pumpkin Mice - Updates Img_4812
Pumpkin Mice - Updates Img_4811
Pumpkin Mice - Updates Img_4810Pumpkin Mice - Updates Img_3711

Jr Member
Jr Member

Cancer Elated

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sat 12 Aug 2017, 9:20 am

Really nice pictures and super cute mice!

A mod should be able to merge this post with your original thread, if you want. Wink @ScaredyMouse @Peachy

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down