Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hamster pics

+6
CinnamonPearl
Mouseketeers
MouseLover
Peachy
Artistwolf
scaredymouse
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

hamster pics - Page 2 Empty Re: hamster pics

Post by MesaMouse Thu 05 May 2016, 1:08 pm

Many, many thanks for the hamster pix -- it's just been too long! Splotchy is my fave in this crew...the first pic with the mega-stuffed cheeks is too cute but the smooshed- against-the-glass-asleep pic is priceless!

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Windmilla Fri 06 May 2016, 10:42 pm

Wow I never really liked hamsters but seeing all of these made me change my mind!
It's super funny how they stuff a bunch of stuff into their mouths, and oh gosh Splotchy sleeping against the glass made me laugh my butt off Laughing Laughing Laughing
Windmilla
Windmilla
Jr Member
Jr Member

Gemini Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brynne Sat 07 May 2016, 3:44 am

Wow, they are all different!  In some poses, the hamsters resemble guinea pigs or rats. Thanks for sharing.

Cinnamon Pearl:  Many common small pets are illegal right here in California:  Gerbils, ferrets, degus, ASFs, prairie dogs, flying squirrels (sugar gliders.)

I had to re-home my beloved 13-year-old frog before I moved here because his species is illegal, even though they abound in some areas of the state. I simply try not to think about my second favourite small rodent, the gerbil.  From 1988 to 2006, I never went more than a few years without owning a family of them.
Brynne
Brynne
Sr Member
Sr Member

http://bit.ly/MyOldVHSTapes

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 11 May 2016, 4:36 pm

Hi Murray Smile
(look at all those little toes!)

hamster pics - Page 2 1ui0HjD
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Wed 11 May 2016, 4:42 pm

Love, love, love these hammies! I'm seriously thinking of getting a Syrian hamster (when my two senior mousie girls eventually pass on) and will probably PM you to pick your brain re hamster care at that time. Just curious though: have you ever had to trim their nails or does running on the wheel take care of that? Do they prefer the Wodent wheel, the comfort wheel or the silent spinner? Anything need to be removed from, say, the good old Browns Carnival Hamster-Gerbil mix or can they eat everything?

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 11 May 2016, 5:02 pm

I have to trim my dwarf hammies nails. Most of the time, you don't have too... I must be lucky. I get a good scruff on her, and snip snip! She's little and she scruffs good, so it's not that big of a deal. You can get gentle sandpaper to put in the wodent wheels (which hams love!) but they are kinda annoying to clean. I hate the comfort wheel for the large Syrians, it starts bending from their weight. Our favorites are the wodent wheel, silent spinner, and the Carolina Storm.

It should probably not come as a surprise to find out that most hamster food isn't nutritionally appropriate for hamsters. Hamsters need much higher protein than commercial mixes have. I feel my kids Higgins Sunburst Gourmet Hamster Mix and add Teklad or Mazuri lab blocks (which hams like) to bring up the protein.

With hams, you shouldn't need to pick anything out. Dwarf hamsters are prone to diabetes, but you would just get a different base mix that is low in sugar/no fruit/etc for them. Dwarf hammies can still have occasional fruit in their diet but fresh is always best.

Ask me anything! I could talk about hammies forever Jump Hearts

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Wed 11 May 2016, 5:37 pm

Aww, he looks adorable there. Love all the toes! Love
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down