Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Georgie's Babies

+4
CallaLily
Peachy
AnonymousMouseOwner
scaredymouse
8 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Georgie's Babies Empty Georgie's Babies

Post by scaredymouse Sun 19 Feb 2017, 2:44 am

*****I wanted to add a note about this thread. This litter of babies was accidental. This female mouse was purchased at Petco and it became evident after about a week that she was pregnant. Luckily, I was in a position to care for her during her pregnancy and keep all of her babies in appropriate housing. When you buy a female mouse, you always run the risk of getting more than you bargained for. It can and does happen. Out of curiosity, I contacted Petco to see what their policy was on pregnant mice. I was given two choices: Bring momma mouse back for a refund or bring momma/babies back for the duration of her pregnancy and weaning process and she would be returned to me after (like in 6+ weeks). Obviously, both of those are horrible options. Disregard the babies for a moment, momma mouse is a beloved pet and she is not leaving this house. Regarding the babies, I'm not returning them to Petco so they can make money off them as they sell them for snake food. So you can see, adopting a female mouse can be an adventure to say the least.. I just wanted to add this note to show that despite all the cute pictures and the excitement on my part, it is a huge responsibility to care for these babies, one that I didn't plan for, and I am very lucky there were only 8!****

I thought I should start a new thread for these little babies.  Here's a little video I took of them wiggling around.  This is day 2, look but don't touch.  In fact, you probably shouldn't even be looking at day 2, however Georgie is remarkable tame and comfortable with me and I can't help myself.  

Enjoy!  Tomorrow, we get to touch!

https://youtu.be/8_0ScYsIgOY

Last edited by scaredymouse on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Georgie's Babies Empty Re: Georgie's Babies

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sun 19 Feb 2017, 3:46 am

Love Adorable babies! Make sure to get lots of pictures tomorrow! Demand Pictures

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sun 19 Feb 2017, 4:01 am

The babies are my life for the next 4 weeks! And I have 2 20g tanks ready for when boys and girls need to be separated. Then from there... It will get tricky! Eek, I can't wait to find out how many there are!!!!! I was praying for 9 (6 girls and 3 boys). I could handle that without even going to the store!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sun 19 Feb 2017, 11:36 am

Yay, babies. I can't believe she has them in the critter bath. They're going to overflow! Laughing

Are you going to try to sex them soon or wait for nipples? It's so exciting figuring it out and thinking of names!
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sun 19 Feb 2017, 11:53 am

Lol, I'm going to be looking at their genitals and nipples everyday until I'm confident I know what I'm dealing with. Then boys get a blue mark on their tails....i bought really cool food coloring markers, time to try them out.

George is so darn cute. I plopped in a few paper hearts since she like the first ones so much and she immediately started collecting them and stuffing them in the nest! I love that little mouse so much.

I can't wait to hold them!!!! I'm gonna feel weird shaking them out of the nest like they're cracker jacks!

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sun 19 Feb 2017, 12:47 pm

So cute! I'm so excited to get to watch them grow with you. Bouncy

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Sun 19 Feb 2017, 1:34 pm

So active for only 2 days old! Good sign that they're healthy.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sun 19 Feb 2017, 2:03 pm

I know! They are super bouncy. You know, George is just a baby herself but she's doing so good. She no sooner delivered those babies and was running like the wind on the wheel and begging to come out for snuggles. So trusting that her babies were safe here. She's got a beautiful nest, eats good, and tends to her chunky little babies perfectly. Have I mentioned how much I love that little mouse! This is the most exciting thing to happen to me for a while Smile

Anyway, more pictures tonight!

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sun 19 Feb 2017, 8:31 pm

Omg, I am so in love.  Wow.  So amazing.

So, I've got 8 perfect healthy little bubs.  I can handle 8 babies! I can't wait to get in there again tomorrow!  They seem so big already!  I can't believe she had all of those in her belly just a couple days ago!

Here they are...Day 3

Georgie's Babies Adobep13

Georgie's Babies Wp_20111

Georgie's Babies Wp_20110

Georgie's Babies Wp_20112

Georgie's Babies Wp_20113

Georgie's Babies Adobep12

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Sun 19 Feb 2017, 9:16 pm

OMG they're so active! Aaaa lookit those wee beans! <3 Oh my heart.
Unicorn
Unicorn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Tue 21 Feb 2017, 1:37 pm

Ahhh, I'm so glad I decided to check back here today!! This is so exciting! How are they doing now? Keep us posted! I'm excited to learn their genders Very Happy Hopefully there aren't too many boys!

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Tue 21 Feb 2017, 9:21 pm

Babies, day 5.... I don't even know what to say, they are beautiful.

Georgie's Babies Wp_20114

Georgie's Babies Wp_20117

Georgie's Babies Wp_20118

Georgie's Babies Adobep14

Georgie's Babies Wp_20115

Georgie's Babies Wp_20116

Georgie's Babies Wp_20120

Georgie's Babies Wp_20119

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 22 Feb 2017, 6:26 am

They're so so cute! Heart Eyes

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 22 Feb 2017, 11:14 am

I pretty much just sit around all day yelling "squeeeeeeee". It's like Christmas every morning... I'm so excited to see how much they changed overnight. I love how her nest is full of hearts and her babies were born on valentines day. Does it get any sweeter? You can't even do this stuff of purpose! This is the most perfect accident there ever was. And they couldn't have happened to a better momma mouse or a more prepared (and excited) human. Not a lot of people can just keep a surprise litter of mice. I should be able to accurately sex them in about 3 days but I'm going to try today!

I have said that my perfect litter would have 3 boys and the rest girls. I can't stand the suspense!!!!!

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 22 Feb 2017, 8:07 pm

Day 6 babies

Georgie's Babies Daily10

Georgie's Babies Wp_20122

I probably shouldn't have a favorite but this one is my favorite!!!

Georgie's Babies Wp_20121

Look at how tired momma is, she has nest everywhere but passed out by her food dish.

Georgie's Babies Wp_20124

Georgie's Babies Wp_20123

And this is a very special little guy (or maybe a girl, but prolly a boy).  Meet Norman.  Many of you know that Norman was a very special mouse, that in a way, brought us all together.  So as an homage, this little fella is named Norman.  And I know that Normans Mom is really excited to watch him grow up.  This is the only little mouse that has a golden glow, so it was only right that he would be a Norman <3

Georgie's Babies Wp_20126

Georgie's Babies Wp_20125

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next