Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introducing 2 new groups of young females to each other

2 posters

Go down

Introducing 2 new groups of young females to each other Empty Introducing 2 new groups of young females to each other

Post by Salt Sun 28 May 2017, 6:49 am

Hello there,

Tomorrow I'm picking up 3 sisters from a breeder (8weeks old) and 2 other females from a pet shop (under 12 weeks old). I have a new tank (100cmx47cm). I obviously want the introductions to go well, and I'm thinking since both groups are so young and they'll all be going to a new place anyway, I should be okay just putting them all in the same tank straight away. Would you guys agree? Thank you in advance!

Salt

Back to top Go down

Introducing 2 new groups of young females to each other Empty Re: Introducing 2 new groups of young females to each other

Post by CallaLily Sun 28 May 2017, 9:38 am

I would still quarantine one group from the other, just to be safe.  This will also give you time to work on taming those pet store mice before intros - and more time with the ones from the breeder never hurts.
There's information on quarantine and intros here:
Quarantine
Introducing Mice

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Introducing 2 new groups of young females to each other Empty Re: Introducing 2 new groups of young females to each other

Post by Salt Tue 30 May 2017, 3:00 am

Thank you CallaLily!

Salt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down