Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Young mouse not being active?

3 posters

Go down

Young mouse not being active? Empty Young mouse not being active?

Post by Halloweenladies13 Fri 04 Dec 2020, 9:20 pm

Hello! I got mice from a breeder less than a year ago and one of them has recently started just getting up on one of their toys and laying motionless to rest. Yesterday she got up from resting and acted normal but now she’s doing it again. I’m not sure if this is something I should be worried about since she eventually has been begun acting normal again each night. I have four females in a 75 gallon with more toys then they would know what to do with so I know it’s not that I’m just worried maybe there’s something going on internally that I can’t see even though he’s less than a year?

Halloweenladies13

Back to top Go down

Young mouse not being active? Empty Re: Young mouse not being active?

Post by M O U S E Sat 05 Dec 2020, 6:52 am

Halloweenladies13 wrote:Hello! I got mice from a breeder less than a year ago and one of them has recently started just getting up on one of their toys and laying motionless to rest. Yesterday she got up from resting and acted normal but now she’s doing it again. I’m not sure if this is something I should be worried about since she eventually has been begun acting normal again each night. I have four females in a 75 gallon with more toys then they would know what to do with so I know it’s not that I’m just worried maybe there’s something going on internally that I can’t see even though he’s less than a year?
How old are they?
Is she showing any other signs of symptoms? Ruffled hair, wheezing, etc?
M O U S E
M O U S E
Sr Member
Sr Member

Taurus Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Halloweenladies13 Sat 05 Dec 2020, 12:05 pm

M O U S E wrote:
Halloweenladies13 wrote:Hello! I got mice from a breeder less than a year ago and one of them has recently started just getting up on one of their toys and laying motionless to rest. Yesterday she got up from resting and acted normal but now she’s doing it again. I’m not sure if this is something I should be worried about since she eventually has been begun acting normal again each night. I have four females in a 75 gallon with more toys then they would know what to do with so I know it’s not that I’m just worried maybe there’s something going on internally that I can’t see even though he’s less than a year?
How old are they?
Is she showing any other signs of symptoms? Ruffled hair, wheezing, etc?

She is less than a year probably only 8 months max. And no that’s her only sign I’m concerned about she will just rest up on the toy for a long time which is so unusual. I can entice her with treats

Halloweenladies13

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sat 05 Dec 2020, 10:24 pm

What’s the temperature in their room? She could be warm in the nest and just prefer somewhere cooler to nap. I’ve had many mice sleep in strange places for whatever reasons. Most unusual was on the water bottle. If she’s acting fine otherwise and doesn’t look or sound ill I wouldn’t worry.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

River and SarahAdams like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Halloweenladies13 Sun 06 Dec 2020, 1:58 pm

Peachy wrote:What’s the temperature in their room? She could be warm in the nest and just prefer somewhere cooler to nap. I’ve had many mice sleep in strange places for whatever reasons. Most unusual was on the water bottle. If she’s acting fine otherwise and doesn’t look or sound ill I wouldn’t worry.

Oh! Okay thank you. I keep the room at between 70-75 because my window has poor insulation and I’m always worried it will get too cold.

Halloweenladies13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down