Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introducing pair of females to a single female - Help!

3 posters

Go down

Introducing pair of females to a single female - Help! Empty Introducing pair of females to a single female - Help!

Post by katafrat Tue 09 Feb 2021, 12:21 am

Hearts Hello! Hearts
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and any advice is greatly appreciated! <3

Sidenote: I have introduced females before, it was a bonded pair and a single female. It went well, but after about a year or two, unfortunately, two of the mice passed away from old age. So I have a single mouse, Primrose left. Of course, I adopted two young females, Artemis and Topaz in hopes that they can be moved in with Prim. Smile

Artemis and Primrose are both very tame, friendly mousie girls thankfully! However, Topaz wants absolutely nothing to do with me unless I have a treat for her hehe. I know that it's generally not a very good idea to introduce them if one of the mice are not tamed. However, the taming process is getting quite tedious, and it seems like no matter what I do, I don't think Topaz has a very friendly, cuddly personality like the other two. She's a skittish, yet independent woman haha.

Does anybody have any advice with introducing the two mice to Primrose? Should I wait to introduce them until Topaz is completely comfortable with being handled, or is introducing them ASAP alright (for Primrose's sake)?

Thank you so much for your help! <3

katafrat
katafrat

Scorpio Caffeine Fix

Back to top Go down

Introducing pair of females to a single female - Help! Empty Re: Introducing pair of females to a single female - Help!

Post by Peachy Wed 10 Feb 2021, 4:38 pm

Hello! It's ok to introduce your mice before Topaz is totally tame. In my experience, mice that have friendly cagemates tend to become less frightened over time! Do introductions as you normally would. Good luck!
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Introducing pair of females to a single female - Help! Empty Re: Introducing pair of females to a single female - Help!

Post by Dee67 Sun 14 Feb 2021, 3:40 am

Keep us up to date! Fingers crossed 🤞 is works out well.
Dee67
Dee67
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/figgusnewton/

katafrat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by katafrat Mon 15 Feb 2021, 2:08 am

Dee67 wrote:Keep us up to date! Fingers crossed 🤞 is works out well.

i will definitely keep you updated! i'm planning on introducing the babies within the next 2 weeks. Smile fingers crossed! <3
katafrat
katafrat

Scorpio Caffeine Fix

Dee67 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down