Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hamsters

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

hamsters Empty hamsters

Post by scaredymouse Mon 29 May 2017, 3:08 pm

I'm such a bleeding heart. My friends rescue just got a ridiculous amount of hamsters that need homes, many of which have special needs. And i let her talk me into taking one. That's on top of a baby Chinese hamster that i already agreed to. To sweeten the deal, she's even delivering them to me. Furthermore, i don't have any tanks available... And she's like, don't worry ill give you a bin cage. Problem solved. So, soon you will meet my 2 new hamsters.

Before i agreed to all that, i got on the waitlist with the Strong Brew Hamstery. They breed the most beautiful and gentle hams. I thought just once I'd like a well bred, healthy ham. So, by the end of the year... I'll be one more ham richer Smile

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

hamsters Empty Re: hamsters

Post by CallaLily Mon 29 May 2017, 3:44 pm

Awwww. Can't wait! Is this the place that took in a crazy number of hams from Florida?

It'll be neat to get a healthy, well bred ham too! I can't wait for you to share pics. Very Happy

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Mon 29 May 2017, 5:02 pm

I'm jealous you are getting a Chinese hamster!!! What kind is the second one you are getting? Can't wait to see pictures! Bliss
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 29 May 2017, 6:55 pm

The other two will be Syrians.

And yes, I'm getting one of the Florida hamsters. She rescued 118 from there. It's a sad story... But at least these 118 are safe and will be loved.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 29 May 2017, 7:42 pm

It is a sad story. I was just reading about it earlier today. So sad that even after the rescue contacted the shelter they still went ahead and euthanized so many females. I know they have to make hard decisions like that every day but it still breaks my heart. What in the world was that gentleman doing with so many hamsters in the first place!?  Failed mill?  It's horrible. Sad

Here's the story from their GoFundMe page for anyone interested.
The Florida Fiasco:

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Mon 29 May 2017, 8:09 pm

CallaLily wrote:It is a sad story. I was just reading about it earlier today. So sad that even after the rescue contacted the shelter they still went ahead and euthanized so many females. I know they have to make hard decisions like that every day but it still breaks my heart. What in the world was that gentleman doing with so many hamsters in the first place!?  Failed mill?  It's horrible. Sad

Here's the story from their GoFundMe page for anyone interested.
The Florida Fiasco:
From what I understand, it all started with 2 hamsters. So, it sounds like an irresponsible accident that got out of control to me. Sad

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 29 May 2017, 8:15 pm

I think it was more of a hoarding situation.  i don't know how it could be anything else. The worst part of the massive euthanasia is that it left a lot of 3 week old babies that don't have moms.  They have young hams that are literally screaming because they are scared and miss their moms.  Its heart breaking.  My poor friend only has so many hands.  This ones been hard on her.

The shelter really mishandled this whole thing.  I'm sure they were overwhelmed and but it didn't have to be like this.

I have no idea which ham she's going to give me.  She asked who i wanted but there's no way i can choose.  I don't need any more hamsters!  So, i want one that needs me.  So she's going to send me one of her favorites that needs a little tlc.  I wish he was here now for me to love.

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 29 May 2017, 8:44 pm

Oh my gosh. Crying or Very sad I'm so glad she was able to save the rest. I wish I could adopt one. The one that she sends to you is a lucky ham. I know you'll spoil him rotten and he'll live out the rest of his days in comfort.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Mon 29 May 2017, 9:58 pm

Wow, what a story. I hadn't heard about that. When will you be getting your new additions?
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 29 May 2017, 11:35 pm

My Florida ham should be here in about 10 days. My Chinesey ham in about 4-6 weeks. And my designer ham in October-ish.

Sadly though, my robo Boopers is dying. She probably only has a couple days left. And my 3 Syrians are all turning two by the end if the year. So there will be a lot of loss coming with my new additions Sad

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Tue 30 May 2017, 9:06 pm

Awww sorry to hear Boopers isn't doing well.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 01 Jun 2017, 4:07 pm

hamsters Wp_ss_14hamsters Wp_ss_14Here's a picture of the little baby rescue ham that is coming to me soon.  His name is Chip and I'm gonna mother the crap outta him.

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 01 Jun 2017, 4:09 pm

yuck.  Sorry for the janky post!  Anyway, it was a screenshot of a video they sent me... But you didn't need it twice!  It wouldn't let me edit.

he's cute though, right?  And so little!

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Drago Thu 01 Jun 2017, 4:25 pm

He looks so sweet! Congrats on him Smile It's so sad the whole incident, I wish I could adopt one of the hams from there, but I don't have the space for another square metre cage ATM

Drago

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 01 Jun 2017, 4:47 pm

Awww he's adorable.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down