Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

up to my elbows in hamsters

+3
Peachy
AnonymousMouseOwner
scaredymouse
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

up to my elbows in hamsters Empty up to my elbows in hamsters

Post by scaredymouse Sat 17 Jun 2017, 1:20 am

I'm 3 hamsters richer than i was last week.  I got Chip from the Pipsqueakery, the little guy from Florida.  Then i fostered some hams for a week and one of them stole my heart.  And well, i couldn't very well let him leave with it!  So, i kept him.  And then a little robo with a bad eye was surrendered to me.  

sooooooo, i have a lot of hams.  Also, i already said i would take a baby Chinese ham in a couple weeks.  I think I'm over capacity!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

up to my elbows in hamsters Empty Re: up to my elbows in hamsters

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sat 17 Jun 2017, 2:51 am

Aww, I'm glad you found lots of sweet hammies! Good luck with them all! Smile Demand Pictures

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sat 17 Jun 2017, 9:43 am

Yes, we definitely need pictures when you have a spare moment! lol

I was meeting a baby guinea pig at the shelter, and they also had a bunch of baby hamsters! They were being so cute, my husband practically had to carry me out of there to get me away from them. Giggling
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sat 17 Jun 2017, 10:36 am

Oh congratulations on all your new additions!!! Can't wait to see photos!!! So exciting Bliss
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Sat 17 Jun 2017, 12:57 pm

In addition to the bad-eye Robo, what breeds are the other two?

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sun 18 Jun 2017, 3:33 am

Alright, here we go!  

The little robo is adorable, bad eye and all.  He's not responding to medication, so we're off to the vet on Monday... presumably to have the eye removed.  Gross!!!!

The little black Syrian is Sugarbear.  He's the little guy that stole my heart.  He's the best.

The other ham is Chip from Florida.  He's a scared baby and he screams a lot but he's going to be okay.  He's doing better already.

My Chippie <3

up to my elbows in hamsters Wp_20309

up to my elbows in hamsters Wp_20313

up to my elbows in hamsters Wp_20316

up to my elbows in hamsters Wp_20314

Sugarbear <3

up to my elbows in hamsters Wp_20308

up to my elbows in hamsters Wp_20310

up to my elbows in hamsters Wp_20315

Nobody taught this poor robo how to make a proper nest.  He sleeps right in the middle of the tank uncovered!

up to my elbows in hamsters Wp_20312

up to my elbows in hamsters Wp_20311

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sun 18 Jun 2017, 3:41 am

They are all so sweet looking! I love the two syrians, they look so tame and happy. And aw, the poor robo, does he have a name? How did someone surrender him to you, are you like actually listed as a rescue? If so, that's cool! I tried putting ads in Craigslist once saying I would accept any female mice (I'm not allowed to adopt/buy anymore males because they are smelly Sad) but no one responded except one person who was too far.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sun 18 Jun 2017, 3:54 am

I'm not listed anywhere, but word of mouth got out I guess. Now whenever anyone I know sees a really needy ham or mouse, they contact me and ask if I can help. I usually can. It makes it easy for me. I kinda figure that if they find their way to me, then it's meant to be. The mother of the girl who brought me this robo, was going to just toss it is a field to get rid of it. Poor little robo.

It's funny, I was told the robo was a female and she had a name when I got her. But um, she is actually a HE. So, I haven't really picked a name yet... But I'm thinking Captain Jack, Mike Wazowski, or Peepers. You know, because of the eye! Or maybe Otis. He's so darn cute. I hope the vet can help him, his eye is baaaaad. And eyes freak me out. It's my nightmare that it will just pop out. Blech!

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Sun 18 Jun 2017, 3:22 pm

scaredymouse wrote: she is actually a HE.  So, I haven't really picked a name yet... But I'm thinking Captain Jack, Mike Wazowski, or Peepers.  You know, because of the eye!  Or maybe Otis.

Love "Mike Wazowski"! Monsters, Inc is one of my all-time favorite animated films Heart

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sun 18 Jun 2017, 5:14 pm

Awwwwwww, they are all soooooooo cute!!! I feel so bad for the little robo. I'm so glad he made his way to you! Do you know what originally happened to his eye? I am disgusted that the woman was going to throw him in a field - how inhumane!!!
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sun 18 Jun 2017, 5:17 pm

Oh, and by the way, I love that little gingerbread house. It's darling. Love
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sun 18 Jun 2017, 11:33 pm

What a cute bunch of lucksters! But ee, eye troubles are scary. We got my kitty in to have her enucleation surgery just before it ruptured. (And then again when it was time to let her go.) Fingers crossed for your little guy! Good vibes

I like Mike Wazowski. And Otis! Pardon
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sun 18 Jun 2017, 11:55 pm

Years ago I had a ferret and I named him Otis. I still miss him, he was so sweet. I loved him!!! They are great pets.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 19 Jun 2017, 5:52 pm

Well, the robo has a name, its Gunther.  And he went to the vet today and as i suspected, needs to have his little eye removed.  Probably on Thursday, when the boss lady vet can do it.  She's worth the wait, she did my hamster Lucy's eye surgery a few years back. The eye is just so small, it's such a delicate surgery.

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Mon 19 Jun 2017, 8:31 pm

I hope Gunther does well with his surgery. Poor little guy.

Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next