Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pet fish

4 posters

Go down

pet fish Empty pet fish

Post by scaredymouse Thu 06 Jul 2017, 12:13 am

I'm thinking about bringing a fish into my life. I did all my research, so I could impulsively buy one as early as tomorrow. I'm thinking about getting a betta Smile

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

pet fish Empty Re: pet fish

Post by Peachy Thu 06 Jul 2017, 12:57 am

Laughing Get him/her a pet snail! My Finley knocked his poor pet off the wall every chance he got, but snails are fun. They like to eat tums and squash. Pardon
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 06 Jul 2017, 4:16 am

Snails are fun!

If anyone wants to chime in about proper betta care, feel free. I only know what the internet told me, which may or may not be true.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 06 Jul 2017, 7:44 am

Make sure to read up on cycling an aquarium, if you haven't already. Very important part of keeping a healthy aquarium.  Invest in a testing kit.  

It's a myth that betta thrive in small puddles. In truth, though shallow, their natural habitat stretches for miles. I definitely don't recommend smaller than 5 gallons. 10 gallons or more is preferable, imo. Easier to cycle.  

I know there are those who disagree, but I personally feel filtration is important, but you want something that can be adjusted for a gentle flow. They do best kept around 78-80F, so a heater will most likely be needed.

Provide soft plants (fake is fine) and decor to rest in/on that won't tear fins.

It's been a while so I'm sure I'm forgetting something. I'll edit if I remember anything. Good luck and share pics!

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomMouseLover05 Thu 06 Jul 2017, 10:56 am

You probably know this but just in case I want to make sure to say it. No matter how much you feed (Unless sick) the betta fish is always going to want more. Depends on baby or adult but really make sure not to feed them more then they should. I have had two betta fish. Sebastian and Drago. Sebastian I fed to much, didn't clean his tank enough, and he wasn't in a good place with a lot of attention. They should be kept where everyone else is. Drago, the one I currently have now, is getting fed less, cleaned more, and in a room that everyone is in, (For me the living room) so it works out perfect! Just make to do a check every day to see if they seem sick. Hope getting a betta works out for you! Very Happy

RandomMouseLover05

Wishful

https://www.quotev.com/BeastGalGamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down