Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My new Betta Fish!!

+10
Peachy
Bandit Cat
AnonymousMouseOwner
CinnamonPearl
Rodents rock!
scaredymouse
Brynne
MouseLover
olimarthemouse
Artistwolf
14 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

My new Betta Fish!! Empty My new Betta Fish!!

Post by Artistwolf Sun 03 Jul 2016, 6:57 pm

Like almost a year ago, CinnamonPearl and I were talking about fish and she recommended I get a Betta (Siamese Fighting) fish to put in my tropical community tank. Our remaining neon tetras had finally died, so I decided we should go for it. We've currently got 6 harlequin rasboras and this beautiful new guy!!!
My new Betta Fish!! 34pf349
I absolutely love his coloring. He's red with gorgeous blue eyes and almost iridescent dots along his side, don't know if that's typical with Bettas or what. Never had one before Ear wiggle
He's really active! At my local fish store, where I purchased him, he was in a tiny little plastic container, so now he's just exploring the great big 12.5 gallon Eclipse tank. He looks so happy!! And he doesn't bother the rasboras at all. They all seem a little shy though—weren't rushing up for their good tonight, but then the lid was off the tank and stuff so maybe they were just a little concerned. But yeah, he really couldn't care less about them. I can't imagine him attaching anyone, he's just so beautiful and awesome!
More pictures! Sorry about the ugly tank, it needs a bit of a clean and all the fake plants are like super old and faded. You might see some of the rasboras hanging around. They're little cuties. Actually not too much smaller than Mr. Betta, to my surprise. He needs a name.
My new Betta Fish!! Ztcfnl
My new Betta Fish!! 2wriwyw
My new Betta Fish!! 4hefwo
Yes, I am obsessed with my new fish. Isn't it great? I feel like I just got a new pet. I don't usually feel that way with fish so much. Bettas are just special, I guess.

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

My new Betta Fish!! Empty Re: My new Betta Fish!!

Post by olimarthemouse Sun 03 Jul 2016, 7:47 pm

He's gorgeous! I love betta fish! I often consider fish, because I know I would love decorating the tanks!
olimarthemouse
olimarthemouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sweet Tooth

https://www.youtube.com/c/HannahsAnimals

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Sun 03 Jul 2016, 8:23 pm

I've never owned fish but betta fish are the only ones I've been tempted by. They are just so so pretty Very Happy congrats!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by Brynne Sun 03 Jul 2016, 9:30 pm

Gorgeous!!!

Brynne
Sr Member
Sr Member

http://bit.ly/MyOldVHSTapes

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sun 03 Jul 2016, 9:37 pm

Fishy Smile

They are so soothing. Fish always make me miss the ocean. I used to scuba dive a million years ago when I was younger and it was so peaceful down there.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sun 03 Jul 2016, 9:38 pm

Pretty beta! I have a beta too, his name is Fishy --- I know, real original. Very Happy Here is a photo of him.My new Betta Fish!! Win_2017
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sun 03 Jul 2016, 9:39 pm

Sorry the photo is sideways, but you can see him on the left side of the fish bowl.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Sun 03 Jul 2016, 9:44 pm

Love him, Artist! Yeah, the red coloring and the vieltail is pretty standard for bettas, but that doesn't make the red ones any less gorgeous. The reds and the ones with black heads that fade to bright blue are the two most common. You're gonna love him, Artist. Bettas are just bursting with personality and spunk. He'll probably start recognizing you soon! Just don't give in when he begs for treats. Smile

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sun 03 Jul 2016, 10:09 pm

Awesome! Very pretty! We have a Betta too, he was really pretty with a long dark blue tail, lighter at the tips, with a navy blue body, but somehow he lost his tail. It's strange, I don't believe it was fin rot because his other fins are fine, and it happened super quickly, he's okay, though!

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Sun 03 Jul 2016, 10:15 pm

Thanks guys! Yeah, I love how they actually have personalities and stuff. My rasboras have more of a personality than the neon tetras ever did—they're a lot more outgoing and curious about life. But the Betta is already so fascinating to look at! He was having so much fun in his nice new tank, I could just tell Jump Hearts

Ooh, Fishy looks pretty awesome too! I like his tank decorations. The picture isn't sideways for me Smile

I often tend to like the more common colors best! He'll recognize me?! I'm officially taking over feeding the fish then! Or I'll just give him treats Laughing Although you're right. No giving in. Steel myself. Hahaha the rasboras are already pigs... How am I going to deal with another ever-hungry fish? Laughing

AnonymousMouseLover: Ooh, he sounds pretty. That's so weird! Maybe his tail got caught on something?

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sun 03 Jul 2016, 10:22 pm

Artistwolf wrote:Thanks guys! Yeah, I love how they actually have personalities and stuff. My rasboras have more of a personality than the neon tetras ever did—they're a lot more outgoing and curious about life. But the Betta is already so fascinating to look at! He was having so much fun in his nice new tank, I could just tell Jump Hearts

Ooh, Fishy looks pretty awesome too! I like his tank decorations. The picture isn't sideways for me Smile

I often tend to like the more common colors best! He'll recognize me?! I'm officially taking over feeding the fish then! Or I'll just give him treats Laughing Although you're right. No giving in. Steel myself. Hahaha the rasboras are already pigs... How am I going to deal with another ever-hungry fish? Laughing

AnonymousMouseLover: Ooh, he sounds pretty. That's so weird! Maybe his tail got caught on something?

Glad the photo is right side up for you to see. Yes betas do have such great personalities.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Sun 03 Jul 2016, 10:23 pm

Bettas have pretty delicate fins. It could've been torn off by a plastic plant or something.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Sun 03 Jul 2016, 10:35 pm

Hah, he's already making me want to split up my 10 gallon tank and get a couple more Wink Or put Bettas on one side and African Dwarf Frogs on the other. Boy would that be fun.
Lol come on Alli, reality check, don't get so carried away!
Well, one can dream Wink

Wait, my plastic plants aren't super dangerous for him, are they?

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Sun 03 Jul 2016, 10:44 pm

That'd be fun! A split 10gal is pretty small for a betta though. They're best in 2.5gal tanks or more, 5gal preferably. I'd never keep one in anything smaller, as they get pretty depressed. It's hard to tell if you've never seen a betta in a larger space, but they definitely do. My betta Martin had to stay in a 1/2gal tank while I was prepping a big one for him, and I was shocked how quickly he fell into depression. You can always just have them together!

Plastic plants should be fine. There's some risk that they'll tear his fins a little, but you shouldn't have any major injuries. I'd be more worried about the strength of your filter intake, as they're very slow-moving fish, native to the stagnant blackwater streams of Southeast Asia. My first couple years of keeping bettas, I only used plastic plants and never had any memorable incidents.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Sun 03 Jul 2016, 11:08 pm

Wait, ADFs and Bettas can live together? I need to do some more research. Eee why do I suddenly love fish now! That's sad... They must quite often be pretty depressed then. Sad
Okay, thanks. Yeah, I'm considering covering it with something. I've noticed he's pretty slow-moving—he eats super slowly and almost daintily as well! I think my rasboras were kind of waiting for him (because they were being shy), and they seemed to forget about the food after he eventually drifted away from it Laughing
Who knew fish could be so much fun?

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next