Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you have for breakfast/lunch/dinner?

+9
Winter Moose
Mice Are Cute
Rodents rock!
scaredymouse
Artistwolf
Veganboi
AnonymousMouseOwner
CallaLily
Peachy
13 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

What did you have for breakfast/lunch/dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: What did you have for breakfast/lunch/dinner?

Post by Peachy Wed 10 Jan 2018, 9:40 am

The first time I had coffee I was probably in 7th grade... I was living with my grandma and my bedroom was in the basement. I snuck a cup of coffee downstairs, and spat my first sip right back into the cup and then hid it on a shelf under the stairs. I found it later, all dried up and holey looking, and was super grossed out.

My mom and my grandma always tell me my coffee is good, but I know they're lying. Laughing They like strong coffee with a splash of creamer. I, as my grandma says, put so much creamer in my coffee that "it looks scared." That's why I usually just choose a black, light roast. No inbetweens between black and "scared." Edit: Ooh, but I love espresso. Go figure. Pardon

Last edited by Peachy on Wed 10 Jan 2018, 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

What did you have for breakfast/lunch/dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: What did you have for breakfast/lunch/dinner?

Post by CallaLily Wed 10 Jan 2018, 9:47 am

Laughing My mom used to drink it with creamer (that powder stuff) and sugar. So my first taste was likely very sweet and creamy. I don't remember. My dad has always drank it black. He says if you have to add cream and sugar, you don't like coffee. Phbbbt I prefer my coffee sweet and creamy.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 10 Jan 2018, 5:29 pm

Today I had avocado toast for breakfast, bagel with pizza sauce and mushroom/onion/garlic/tomato for lunch, an apple and a handful of mixed nuts for snack.  I'm thinking black beans and rice with a corn tortilla for dinner.  I know it's kind of late but that's just how dinner seems to always work out here. Two cups of coffee today, a glass of almond milk, and the rest water.  Oh nope. I almost forgot I had a can of cherry coke zero with lunch. But it was my last one and I'm not buying any more. Very Happy

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sun 21 Jan 2018, 9:17 am

Veganboi wrote:a REALLY  yum breakfast for yall who like fruit:
banana nicecream!!
its just frozen bananas blended into an icecream like consistency Heart Eyes and its so easy and you can make it into any flavor you choose Wink

I just did this in smoothie form. Frozen banana, peanut butter, a drizzle of sugar free chocolate syrup, and almond milk. I kept it a thicker milkshake-like consistency. Yum!

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop Sun 21 Jan 2018, 10:50 am

My meals are usually all thrown off because I'm not hungry at breakfast, can't take time at work to cook a mid-day meal, and don't get back to the house until almost 10pm weekdays (after 8pm on weekends). But last night (Saturday), even though it was already about 9pm, for dinner I had a nice big serving of slightly pickled shredded red cabbage and apples, some Havarti cubes, a mug of orange juice, and -- for dessert -- a slice of brioche that had vanilla custard baked into it. My bodyworkings feel pretty happy today after that, and it was really very economical too!

MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
Sr Member
Sr Member

Worried

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 23 Jan 2018, 5:53 pm

I came across this recipe while searching for bean ideas.  It caught my attention because I love fennel.  Made it for dinner tonight with quinoa, baby spinach and kale on the side.  It is soo good. Cat18

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Thu 25 Jan 2018, 9:45 am

I think if it wasn't for my husband cooking, I'd never eat meat at home. I hate the way it looks and I hate cooking it! I'll do anything but cook the meat.

We had hash browns and toast for breakfast and are making chili for dinner. We discovered "taco sauce" a few nights ago and it became the new favorite condiment. Taco sauce and everything. We're not very creative food people. Laughing
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 25 Jan 2018, 3:46 pm

I do not like cooking and I'm not very good at it, but I've been turning to YouTube and Google for some inspiration.  I quickly learned that the easiest way to find meat/dairy free recipes was to add "vegan" on the end of your search.

Yesterday was my Gran's 87th birthday so I went and had lunch today with her, my mom, and one of my aunts (I packed mine to avoid awkward conversation about what I will and will not eat).  One of my uncles stopped in with his girlfriend after for cake (which I skipped).  Honestly I treated myself to this brownie in a mug yesterday so it's not like I'm missing out on the occasional treat.  I just wasn't sure what was in their cake and again easier to avoid awkward conversation with most of my family.  I still got the "why aren't you having cake?" and "oh she's on a diet!"  "so am I but :::shoves cake in mouth:::"   girl_sigh

I haven't fully decided yet but I'm seriously considering going completely veggie based (so far I've still been occasionally eating fish, eggs, and honey). Honestly I thought I would have a harder time dropping dairy but I haven't. And it's forced me to eat a wider range of whole foods and not junk.  So that's good. Giddy

Breakfast: oatmeal with a little brown sugar, cinnamon, crushed almonds and flaxseed.  Coffee.
Lunch: chickpea salad sandwich with baby spinach/kale mix on whole wheat bread and an orange.  Iced Tea.
Snack: since lunch was kind of early I found myself hungry again a little while ago so I sautéed onion, garlic, broccoli, and red pepper and ate it over leftover quinoa that I had in the fridge.
Dinner: not sure yet.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sat 03 Feb 2018, 3:37 pm

Breakfast: maple nut oatmeal with cashew butter, banana, ground flax/hemp/chia seed, and cashew milk. Coffee.
Lunch: tomato basil wrap filled with sauteed mushroom/onion/sweet pepper/garlic/tomato, beans, and spinach.
Snack: homemade granola bar and a banana. tea.
Dinner: not sure yet.

I stepped on the scale this morning out of curiosity. I've dropped 7 pounds without even trying. But my main focus is eating healthier, not weight loss. And I am feeling really good. Less anxiety, sleeping better, not groggy in the morning anymore, less irritable, and just .... better all around. Smile

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Blessed Sat 03 Feb 2018, 9:56 pm

That's good that you've been eating healthier, @CallaLily! I need to, too. Razz

Blessed
Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 14 Feb 2018, 10:52 am

Ok. I just made brownies out of black beans. Weird, right?  But they’re actually not bad. https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/09/06/no-flour-black-bean-brownies

Also wanted to share because I thought it was funny. My boys like to tease me for going plant based. I don’t like to use the term vegan because I feel like that’s more of a lifestyle than just not eating animal products. So every time they say vegan I say “I'm not vegan,” so my husband has taken to calling me negan.  So I’m Negan. Haha

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop Wed 14 Feb 2018, 1:05 pm

I drift between being healthier-than-thou and being the worst abuser of desserts I know.

Monday night at the office, before the building went into alarm-set lock-down, I hurry-made a pie so we'd have it in the fridge there for the last day before my co-workers gave up sweets for Lent. It was: a chocolate cookie crust with a layer of strawberry fruit-in-goo to line the bottom, a layer of strawberry mousse to fill the pie shell, and an ample topping of strawberry-flavored hand-whipped cream.

So, since I'd probably be a better person if I give up Wrath or Sloth than sweets for Lent, lunch today was a hunk of leftover aforesaid pie.

Sr Member
Sr Member

Worried

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sun 18 Feb 2018, 2:05 pm

So here’s how today is going so far. Laughing

I had two squares of a violet flavored dark chocolate bar for breakfast (from Universal Yums and not plant based because carmine) and a cup of coffee.  I decided to allow a little slip when their Snack Box comes in every month so I can taste each snack but the chocolate bar is too yummy to just taste Laughing

Lunch was a barbecue tofu sandwich on rye with lettuce and tomato and a matcha latte.

Snack was some of the chocolate raspberry frosting from the cake I made for my youngest son’s bday today (I won’t be eating any of the cake  because eggs) and an iced coffee.

I should feel guilty but hey, it’s my birthday. Bday8

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 28 Feb 2018, 8:45 am

I made this soup and it is so good. I skipped the sausage, used oven roasted butternut squash, veggie broth, mixed veggies, and skipped the cream. Still super yummy. :ferret1:

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop Wed 28 Feb 2018, 10:21 am

CallaLily wrote:I had two squares of a violet flavored dark chocolate bar for breakfast (from Universal Yums and not plant based because carmine) and a cup of coffee.

Some confectioners in England make violet fondant crèmes enrobed in dark chocolate.  I haven't had one for so, so long.  They were so elegant, sublime, and delicately delicious, sometimes I daydream about them ... and that way they are zero calories no matter how many I imagine eating.

Here in the real world, I have a half-eaten bag of Haribo Ginger Lemons I bought last Saturday.  Bright and juicy!  So lemony!  Like little bursting buds of summer itself!

Sr Member
Sr Member

Worried

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum