Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kudos to Petsmart today!

4 posters

Go down

Kudos to Petsmart today! Empty Kudos to Petsmart today!

Post by Rodents rock! Mon 25 Sep 2017, 8:37 pm

Thought I would share this happy ending story with you all. I was at the vet today as my dog had an appointment. The girls at the front desk were talking about a hamster and how cute he is. So of course I wanted to know more! I asked if there was a hamster there. They said yes. PETsMART brought in a little baby winter white hamster with no front legs. PETsMART had gotten in some winter white hamsters and noticed one of them didn't have his front legs. They weren't sure if the other hamsters had eaten his legs (which I wouldn't think babies would do that) or if the hamster was born that way. Turned out he was born that way. One of the girls at the front desk at the vet's office wanted to give him a home. So he is hers now and his name is Rex. He is so tiny. So when I heard she was keeping him, I asked her if she had a tank and she said no. So I told her I had an extra 20 gallon long tank with a mesh lid and she could have it if she liked. She said yes, thank you. So after my dogs appointment, I ran home and got the tank and I also gave her a ceramic food dish, a water bottle, a wood chew, and a baggie of a mix of a couple different foods and treats. She was very thankful. I wanted to say I was so impressed that PETsMART cared enough to bring this little guy to the vet's office to get him checked out. And their kindness ended up finding this little guy a great home. Bliss
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Kudos to Petsmart today! Empty Re: Kudos to Petsmart today!

Post by Mice Are Cute Mon 25 Sep 2017, 9:56 pm

What a great story! I'm happy he got a home!
Mice Are Cute
Mice Are Cute
Sr Member
Sr Member

Pisces Inspired

https://thehappymilkshakeblog.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 25 Sep 2017, 11:18 pm

Yay!
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 26 Sep 2017, 7:53 am

That's awesome that they got him in for vet care and found him a great home. Very nice of you to help with supplies too. Thanks for sharing this story.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Wed 22 Nov 2017, 6:57 pm

Hi, I wanted to update you all on Rex. I took my dog to the vet's office the other day and while I was there I asked the girl who adopted Rex how he was doing. She said he is doing great! Then she got her phone out and showed me a video of Rex running on a wheel!!! I was amazed! Running on a wheel!!! She said one day he was up on top of his hide house and she has no idea how he got up there. I guess since Rex was born without front legs, he doesn't know he is expected to have limitations, which is a wonderful thing! Very Happy
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down