Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are mice really afraid of mealworms or is it a myth?

5 posters

Go down

Are mice really afraid of mealworms or is it a myth? Empty Are mice really afraid of mealworms or is it a myth?

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Wed 01 Nov 2017, 3:12 pm

I remember some people on here saying that mice were afraid of live mealworms, but that sounds a little silly because they would naturally be hunting and eating insects as a small portion of their diet in the wild, right? I'm just curious as to if this is true or not. My mice love live mealworms, much more than the dried ones. It has to be one of their favorite treats. I put the mealworm in front of their face with tweezers, and they reach out and attack it lol. They just love them. I've never had any that were afraid of them.

Are mice really afraid of mealworms or is it a myth? Boyssi17Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, Sage, Rocky, Jack, Willow, Blossom, Sierra, Amber, Olive, Scout, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Are mice really afraid of mealworms or is it a myth? Empty Re: Are mice really afraid of mealworms or is it a myth?

Post by CallaLily Wed 01 Nov 2017, 8:00 pm

It sounds silly to me too. lol

I could see a mouse that's never seen one being hesitant, like many of them can be about new foods/objects. But afraid? I doubt it. Most would probably gobble them up.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Are mice really afraid of mealworms or is it a myth? Empty Re: Are mice really afraid of mealworms or is it a myth?

Post by Peachy Wed 01 Nov 2017, 10:07 pm

My mice have never been afraid of live mealworms, but not all were enthralled. Most of them snatched them right up. One of my girls would grab them and eat off the head, then move on to something else. lol

I've had more than one mouse refuse to go near vegetables. Those must be scarier than mealworms. Laughing
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by elmtree Thu 02 Nov 2017, 12:51 pm

My multis need to build up their confidence a little bit before they are happy to tackle live food. A flick from a mealworm tends to put them off the first few times. Once they get the hang of it, though, they can be a little bit ruthless aha!

elmtree

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 02 Nov 2017, 5:13 pm

All my mice get super excited for those wiggly worms. Their instincts kick in and they dive right in. I don't think I've met a mouse that didn't like a live mealworm.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down