Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Mouse Product?

+3
chiroptera
AnonymousMouseOwner
CucumberMouse
7 posters

Go down

Favorite Mouse Product? Empty Favorite Mouse Product?

Post by CucumberMouse Fri 01 Dec 2017, 11:29 pm

What's your mouse's/mice most favorite toy(s), aside from DIYs? Do they enjoy the simple things like plain willow sticks and such, or do they like toys with different designs, like barrel rollers? Just which toys would you recommend for mice?
CucumberMouse
CucumberMouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sheepish

Back to top Go down

Favorite Mouse Product? Empty Re: Favorite Mouse Product?

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Fri 01 Dec 2017, 11:37 pm

All my mice LOVE puzzle playgrounds in any sort of configuration. They climb, play, and sleep in them. I've bought a few sets because they love them so much. They can be a pain to put together, but once you've got them all figured out they are great toys!

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by chiroptera Sat 02 Dec 2017, 12:43 am

Honestly, my girls seem to love garbage I take from work or around the house more than anything else. Razz boxes, crumbly paper, paper towel, and of course the toilet paper rolls... but I don't know if that really counts

they like chewing on the little barrel-like thing that has bars and a little wood ball inside, especially if i put a treat in there with the ball for them to fish out. they like what is lovingly dubbed the "mice hice", one of those wooden hamster houses. (it was originally mouse house = mice houses = "hice" is the plural of "house" but now any hide is just a "hice" Confused )

oh, and i put a little felt mouse-shaped cat toy in with them (no catnip or anything) and they haven't chewed on it, but i do find it in the hide with them most mornings (even when i take it out!) Very Happy

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkly_Innocent Sat 02 Dec 2017, 8:52 am

My Pip loves his Puzzle Playground the most too. It can be a pain as it does fall apart so easily but it's not hard to put back together. I also love how you can change the design around to make it new and fun for him again. He actually uses it for his bed and stuffs it with his bedding after every cage cleaning. He also loves his toilet paper tubes to chew up, his wheel, and his ladder. He uses the ladder to climb up to the top when he wants his mealworm treats.

Jr Member
Jr Member

Gemini Sick

Back to top Go down

Post by MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop Sat 02 Dec 2017, 12:29 pm

No doubt here: "Peter's Veggie Salad Bowl" -- a little (but BIG for a mouse) woven basket with hay in it, and a packet of dried carrot and broccoli pieces you can mix in with the hay. My little April was not in it for the nutritional value: she just started shredding ... and shredding, and shredding, and shredding, and shredding ... I felt terrible having to eventually take it away from her, but there's only so much mess I have time to clean up in a lifetime!

MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
Sr Member
Sr Member

Worried

Back to top Go down

Post by Nijimi にじみ Sun 03 Dec 2017, 5:34 pm

Botanical hay (they use it to make nests and when I have to clean out their cage it looks absolutely mesmerizing, perfectly round), the 3.50$ house from petco (cute colors, two stories, with a balcony), and popsicle mineral chews/cheesie chews. I know mice are basically lactose intolerant but the chews are fine. They don't show any emergency symptoms.

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 04 Dec 2017, 7:36 pm

chiroptera wrote:Honestly, my girls seem to love garbage I take from work or around the house more than anything else. Razz boxes, crumbly paper, paper towel, and of course the toilet paper rolls... but I don't know if that really counts

Same. None of my mice have been overly picky and they seem to like just about everything I've given them. Whether it's "trash," diy, or store bought. Just double check that it's mouse-safe and you really can't go wrong. At least, not in my experience. Wink

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down