Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shaky, stumbly hamster

2 posters

Go down

Shaky, stumbly hamster Empty Shaky, stumbly hamster

Post by AnonONIagent Sun 10 Dec 2017, 7:16 pm

Hey guys, long time no see!

I came back around today because I'm having some worries about my hamster, Lola. This week I'd noticed she hadn't seemed as active as she normally is, as I hadn't seen her out and about at all myself whenever I had been in my room at all this week, but her food was still depleting at a normal rate and whenever I saw her stirring in her nest and offered her a treat she would still pop her head out and eagerly snatch it away like always, so I didn't think much of it.

Well, fast forward to today, cage cleaning day, and I've pulled her out of her cage to find that she is shaking violently, nonstop. It is this constant tremor throughout her entire body that seems to disrupt her entire ability to move, and as a result she is just kind of stumbling/skittering around, and seems to have trouble even just lifting herself up into her wheel or even over the side of her food bowl.

Despite this, however, she seems to have plenty of energy, as she hasn't stopped "running" around the playpen I've had her in for the past twenty minutes since I put her in there, aside from grabbing some food once she finally made it into her bowl, so her appetite seems fine as well. None of her movements seem involuntary either, aside from the shaking itself. Nevertheless I'm still very concerned. I looked online and everything about shaking hamsters was about them being sick or cold, which doesn't align with her apparently normal activity level or appetite, so I came here.

Any ideas as to what it might be?

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW), Lucy (Brindle), and Sarah (PEW)
AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Shaky, stumbly hamster Empty Re: Shaky, stumbly hamster

Post by Rodents rock! Sun 10 Dec 2017, 10:35 pm

Hi, very good to hear from you Very Happy

I'm not sure what could be causing this with your hamster. Is your hamster a dwarf or a Syrian?
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Sun 10 Dec 2017, 11:15 pm

She's a Cambell's Dwarf.

She seems a bit better now after going back into her cage. She's still fairly shaky and a bit stumbly, but she's able to get around pretty quick again now and ahe no longer seems to have problems lifting herself, as she was able to scurry up her wooden teeter-totter, across her cage, and then up on too of her plastic igloo. So that's good, since her ability to lift herself was my most immediate concern. But of course I'm still worried sick about her Sad

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW), Lucy (Brindle), and Sarah (PEW)
AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sun 10 Dec 2017, 11:21 pm

Glad she is a bit better than she was. I know dwarfs are more prone to diabetes, I wonder if that has anything to do with her shaking?

Hopefully someone else will offer some insight into this soon.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down