Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you doing today?

+30
GGMouseCare
Drago
PastelMouse
Rodents rock!
Cal
Plapatin
maygins
Asteria
CanadianExport
Misha_usa
Blackthorns
Nestmouse
olimarthemouse
lupus_corde
stephlisa
River
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonONIagent
MouseLover
CallaLily
AppleCheeks
Brynne
CinnamonPearl
Artistwolf
GabbiLuvsMice
MesaMouse
Soren
scaredymouse
EverythingAnimal
Peachy
34 posters

Page 8 of 45 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 26 ... 45  Next

Go down

What are you doing today? - Page 8 Empty Re: What are you doing today?

Post by scaredymouse Mon 01 Aug 2016, 6:59 pm

Good luck with the house! I can barely stand visiting relatives... I would die if I had to live with them.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 01 Aug 2016, 8:42 pm

scaredymouse wrote:Good luck with the house!  I can barely stand visiting relatives... I would die if I had to live with them.

Haha Same.

Good luck with the house, MouseLover.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Tue 02 Aug 2016, 9:12 am

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't mind putting my name online! I usually just do it to sign petitions and stuff. Normally I go by Cinnamonpearl everywhere.

I've been spending my past few days beginning to prepare for college. My dad hired an admissions advisor to help me, and she gave me a whole list of colleges with great pre-vet programs. Uni of Vermont and Bowdoin are my favorites so far, but I have to go up and see them. I just love that whole area. Of course I spent most of yesterday looking at the pet policies of all the colleges on my list. Some didn't allow any pets, but most allow ten gallon aquariums! So at least I can have a better fish in my first year. The only two that allowed more pets are both the furthest from me, Uni of Indiana and Washington State. I could even bring mice to the latter, but it's just so far. I'm not really sure I'd be comfortable with it. Of course, I'm only going to be taking pet policies into account much later down the road when I've gotten into schools. I don't want it to sway my decision more than education and location. It's just a side thing.

Today I have to research how many years each college requires students to live on campus. It ties into the pet policy thing again. It's gonna take a while too, so I may as well get started.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Tue 02 Aug 2016, 3:41 pm

I've been following several seabird nests in Maine on Explore.org for years (puffins, guillemots and ospreys). No puffin chicks this year as a new non-breeding couple took over Phoebe and Finn's burrow and the older guillemot chick hogged all of the food, leaving the younger to die of starvation. At least Rachael and Steve, the long-time osprey pair, raised three chicks to the just-about-fledge point -- what a pleasure to watch that family! That is, until I logged in this morning. Sadly, the juvenile female, Spirit, was taken in an eagle raid last night and one of the males, Bierre, did an emergency fledge. The third chick, Eric, was unharmed and Bierre was spotted in a stand of trees 1/4 from the nest this afternoon; he is apparently fine and the parents have found him and are feeding him. Osprey watchers worldwide have been posting on the site all night and all day so we've been offering one another comfort over the loss of Spirit and sharing the joy of knowing that Bierre has been located (and is safer in the trees than on the exposed nest) and that Eric is OK. Animals will break your heart, be they tame or wild.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Tue 02 Aug 2016, 8:10 pm

Nature is cruel. I can't watch nature programs. I start getting philosophical and begin questioning everything. If we are by intelligent design, why are things as they are? Free will does not answer my questions. I'll stop myself here! Anyway, yes it will all break your heart. I was just talking to Gilly & Furgie last night about heartache. *sigh*

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Tue 02 Aug 2016, 8:51 pm

That's so sad, poor baby birds. Sad It's so neat about Bierre, though! Last year there was a bird on the ground that wasn't the best flier yet. We put him in a bowl that we taped into a tree and his parents visited him there until he jumped out of the bowl and climbed the branches. It was exciting! lol
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Wed 03 Aug 2016, 12:32 pm

An update on "my" ospreys: Mama Rachael talked Bierre into returning to the nest around 7:30 am EST. He'd already flown from the stand of trees to the mast of a boat in the bay and she flew over to "talk" to him and let him know that he was welcome back at the nest. Shortly after she returned to the nest, there was Bierre, flying over the water and awkwardly coming in for a landing on the long perch. It took him about another 3 minutes to slip/step his way down into the nest while his brother, Eric, chirped encouragement all the while. The boys seem happy to be reunited and have been "wingercizing", hopping and hovering all morning, get ready for their planned fledges. All of us on that forum have been going nuts with joy, rewatching the videos of the boat "talk" and Bierre's return flight. As someone pointed out, Mother Nature has no favorites...but we sure do!

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sat 06 Aug 2016, 1:16 pm

We spent the morning listening to rock band lullaby renditions in hopes that Anna would change her mind about not napping. She finally opened the doors on this old, hexagon shaped end table and fell asleep in it. She's such a goof!

On August 30th I'm starting new classes, so when the baby woke up we went to track down all my textbooks. For the introductory course, we're supposed to meet at a wildlife refuge. It's kind of a far drive, but it's really pretty there. Last time I was there we saw some deer, but they also have bison, elk, and sooo many different kinds of birds. So exciting!! https://flic.kr/p/JQMY4j

Also picked my first two cucumbers from my garden. I had to plant them three times because they kept dying, but now I have 16 plants that are growing like crazy. Don't know what we'll do with all those cucumbers! Laughing

Last edited by abeona on Sat 06 Aug 2016, 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Sat 06 Aug 2016, 1:38 pm

abeona wrote:Also picked my first two cucumbers from my garden. I had to plant them three times because they kept dying, but now I have 16 plants that are growing like crazy. Don't know what we'll do with all those cucumbers! Laughing

Make pickles!!

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Sat 06 Aug 2016, 3:22 pm

MesaMouse wrote:Make pickles!!

Wait. Pickles are cucumbers? Shocked

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Sat 06 Aug 2016, 3:59 pm

Artistwolf wrote:
MesaMouse wrote:Make pickles!!

Wait. Pickles are cucumbers? Shocked

Yep! Rofling

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Sat 06 Aug 2016, 4:03 pm

What? My whole world has been turned upside-down!! Mind Blown. Rofling
But cucumbers are yummy and pickles aren't really. I suggest cucumber samdwiches—just butter (yes, butter, I know that's shocking to Americans lol) and cucumbers. No cream cheese or any of those American trappings. Just spread butter onto white bread, put on some slices of cucumber, then press the sand which down so it's slightly squished. Cut into little triangles for a truly posh-looking teatime snack Wink

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sat 06 Aug 2016, 4:20 pm

Pickles are an interesting idea! I usually just slice the cucumbers and grab a few out of the fridge until they're gone, but I already have so many little ones starting to grow that I might get overwhelmed with slices. lol Maybe we can try a few different things with them, like cucumber fries. Sounds kinda gross. Razz

Edit: Cucumber salsa! Whee.

Last edited by abeona on Sat 06 Aug 2016, 9:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Sat 06 Aug 2016, 4:28 pm

Artistwolf wrote:What? My whole world has been turned upside-down!! Mind Blown. Rofling
But cucumbers are yummy and pickles aren't really. I suggest cucumber samdwiches—just butter (yes, butter, I know that's shocking to Americans lol) and cucumbers. No cream cheese or any of those American trappings. Just spread butter onto white bread, put on some slices of cucumber, then press the sand which down so it's slightly squished. Cut into little triangles for a truly posh-looking teatime snack Wink

Cucumber sandwiches are delicious but need just a teeny dash of salt to bring out their full flavor; hoever, if the butter is salted, no additional salt is needed. Drool

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sat 06 Aug 2016, 6:45 pm

i've got zucchini coming out my ears! when zucchini plants get going, they dont stop. i guess i'll have to make more zucchini bread (the mice like this a lot).

its funny, i dont like cucumbers but i love pickles. i've only made pickles once, they were quick pickles... only took about a half hour and they were delicious! the still looked like cucumbers and were really crunchy but they tasted like pickles. yum!

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 45 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 26 ... 45  Next