Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you doing today?

+30
GGMouseCare
Drago
PastelMouse
Rodents rock!
Cal
Plapatin
maygins
Asteria
CanadianExport
Misha_usa
Blackthorns
Nestmouse
olimarthemouse
lupus_corde
stephlisa
River
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonONIagent
MouseLover
CallaLily
AppleCheeks
Brynne
CinnamonPearl
Artistwolf
GabbiLuvsMice
MesaMouse
Soren
scaredymouse
EverythingAnimal
Peachy
34 posters

Page 45 of 45 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 43, 44, 45

Go down

What are you doing today? - Page 45 Empty Re: What are you doing today?

Post by Blessed Wed 07 Feb 2018, 10:15 am

Peachy wrote:A lovely picture. Love I saw a baby fox walking towards a busy road a few nights ago. Hopefully he found his way back to the wooded area near the river.

I had such a terrible anxiety day. Like, all my legitimate worries are dealt with but I have 1000 answers for, "What's left to worry about?" It's exhausting. I took a nap. lol
I'm sorry, Peachy! It's often hard not to worry, I know. =(
Hug

Blessed
Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by River Thu 08 Feb 2018, 1:21 am

Got a vet visit in the morning. I checked on Graham earlier and the side of her face was covered in blood!

It seems to have stopped and I cleaned it up as I could. I am so beyond anxious though...not much I can do right now. I've seen bits of dried blood but never so fresh. I'm sure she's bled before, with going from one cut to a large back one overnight but I wish I didnt see it! She's running on the wheel per usual but I'm sure it hurts. She bites her foot when she scratches herself sometimes.

If there were a closer emergency clinic that would do more than what I do for blood here at home, I can't guarantee I wouldn't be there now. Maybe I'm overreacting but I am so worried for her...
River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 14 Feb 2018, 7:01 am

Hearts Hearts Hearts Hearts Hearts Hearts Hearts
What are you doing today? - Page 45 15b90510
Hearts Hearts Hearts Hearts Hearts Hearts Hearts

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sat 16 Mar 2019, 11:23 pm

The day started out nice and slow... thrift store, leftovers for lunch, yard work.

Then I took my dog to a local park for a hike, where we saw some deer moving through the trees. Suddenly he tore off after them and got his leash all tangled up in a branch. As soon as I caught up and freed him he took off again. I was trying to follow and call him back to me but he had effectively vanished. After a few of his recall calls (puppuppuppup!) I heard him barking back but couldn't see him, and before I knew it I was too far from the trail, barefoot in a pile of snow because my shoes fell off, with a bunch of deer standing in front of me.

It's a bummer that I was so freaked out because it would've been an amazing picture.

Instead of taking a picture I rush at the deer in a panic, straight through a thorn bush and practically into a creek. I turn around to head back to where the dog split away, now bleeding thanks to the thorns and unable to feel my toes (thus struggling to keep my slip-on shoes on!), and call my husband to cry that I lost my boy in the woods and can’t feel my toes and am bleeding. Then my dog runs up and bounces off my lap like he always does when I call him back. Like, "OMG, you were calling me but I couldn't find you!"

I was so relieved to see him! I had thought every thought between, "I'm never going to see him again, what is life going to be like without my puppy boy?" and "He's got that darn collar and leash on, he's going to get stuck and strangle himself trying to escape."

Then he was there, perfect and satisfied with himself for tracking me down. Don't know what deer he was chasing, but I found them better than he did and I wasn't even looking! Bonk

BEFORE this dog kick-started some gray hair and made me need a glass of wine. I think it had only been about seven minutes but I had completely lost my mind! Laughing
What are you doing today? - Page 45 B188f910

Then I went to the grocery store, clleaned the kitchen, and thoroughly exhausted. I keep discovering new spots from the thorns (I think) hopefully nothing yucky will come from it.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop Sun 17 Mar 2019, 12:28 pm

Yeah, those dogs just seem to figure it out, and you get used to it.  But then when you rely on them "figuring it out", they go and get themselves thoroughly messed up.

We moved our office in October 2016, and the president of the company had a German shepherd that was still less than a year young.  Officially she (and all animals) were banned from entering the new place, so if he brought her in on the weekend he would leave her in the car, parked in the shadow of the building, and with the windows adjusted.  When I would show up, she'd whine and carry on until I would come over to let her know I saw her antsy-ness; then I would inform her owner and he'd go out to walk her around or play fetch for a while.  She barely knew me, but we had taken some exploratory walks around the fields along the street where the new building is located and she appreciated my skill as a "pet masseuse", so we were on good buddy terms.

One weekend day, before the weather turned too cold, I asked the boss if Miss Dog needed a little exercise, and was handed the car keys and was told the leash was somewhere in the car.  Miss Dog and I took a walk around one of the fields, and then faced the usual ordeal of trying to get her back into the car and unclipping the leash from her collar, as she fought to get out and run around some more.  That day, as I was struggling with the leash clip, Miss Dog squeezed past me out the car door and began working her way across the front of the building toward the far end and the line of trees there, allowing me to almost catch up and then trotting ahead some more, and repeating as necessary.

I didn't want to run toward her, because then it would have become an even FUNNER game of keep-away.  I can't really run very much anyway, because a flu I caught four years ago attacked my heart and has left it pretty mangled for heavy duty use.  So anyway we eventually reached the far corner of the building, and it looked like I was going to have a chance to grab her collar when ...

Behind the building there was a little clump of deer.  I think the air was suddenly filled with little exclamation marks shooting out of the heads of the deers and the dog ... and the ME!

The first to react was the deer clump.  They wheeled and began a fast retreat toward the south, toward some more trees, and then a main road they'd have to cross to get to more trees and more trees and still more trees.  Miss Dog's chase instinct kicked in in a quarter of a second, and she took off in hot pursuit.  I followed along, dragging, vainly calling the dog's name so she would be able to hear where I was.  I was picturing the horror of all the deer and the dog running across the road in front of a line of cars coming off a green light a half mile down the main road.

I walked along behind a small vacant lot and some buildings before coming to the edge of a huge vacant lot.  I looked around and saw no sign of deer, no sign of dog, no idea which way to proceed ... when Miss Dog appeared at the diagonally opposite corner of the lot, trotting along easily toward me as though there was nothing in the world out of order, and she just jogged right straight toward me and let me grab her collar to lead her back where she belonged.  And she hopped right into the car and stayed this time.

Happy to report that the incident did not scare off our deer friends.  Even though I found what appeared to be wolf prints in the snow around the east end of the parking lot last month (canine prints 5 inches long and 3½ inches wide!), deer tracks large and small in the snow abounded over the next few days ... and they've been back in the evenings recently having yew salad for dinner from the landscaping outside the door I go in and out.

Ever been working late in the evening, when it's all dark outside, and suddenly hear antlers rubbing on the window five feet away from where you're standing?

MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
Sr Member
Sr Member

Worried

Back to top Go down

Post by MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop Sat 31 Aug 2019, 3:45 pm

Since Papa is no longer with us, I usually take his car out for a short spin on the weekend before I go to work, just to keep things operating.  My preferred thing to do is to take a short drive to the city park, park in the "upside" parking lot nearest my house, climb down the stairs to the park, cross the park and visit with the minnows in the stream, the ducks on the bank, and people and dogs out for walks, then go up the stairs on the other side, which deposits you downtown.  Then I do short errands, and prowl the farmers market and select a purchase, before reversing my path back to where I left the car.

This morning's purchase was a sweet dumpling squash, which I carried bagless, like a softball.  I was thinking, "Some people take their dog for a walk in the park; I take my squash for a walk in the park...".

Then, climbing up the stairs back to the parking lot, there was a lady sitting on a step, and she said, "I like your squash!"  I told her I was probably going to eat it for a couple of desserts.  "With brown sugar?" she asked.  No, they're usually plenty sweet just plain.  It turned out the lady loves that kind of squash, but had never microwaved one before, so I gave her a quick tutorial and told her they were selling them over at the farmers market.  She resolved to go over and have a look.

The world is so full of unexpected opportunities to be helpful!

MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
Sr Member
Sr Member

Worried

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 45 of 45 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 43, 44, 45