Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you doing today?

+30
GGMouseCare
Drago
PastelMouse
Rodents rock!
Cal
Plapatin
maygins
Asteria
CanadianExport
Misha_usa
Blackthorns
Nestmouse
olimarthemouse
lupus_corde
stephlisa
River
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonONIagent
MouseLover
CallaLily
AppleCheeks
Brynne
CinnamonPearl
Artistwolf
GabbiLuvsMice
MesaMouse
Soren
scaredymouse
EverythingAnimal
Peachy
34 posters

Page 12 of 45 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 28 ... 45  Next

Go down

What are you doing today? - Page 12 Empty Re: What are you doing today?

Post by MouseLover Tue 30 Aug 2016, 8:13 am

hahaha that knitted wig Laughing

artistwolf - step 1: take a deep breath, and remind yourself that hair grows.
Is it long enough to tie back in a ponytail or little pigtails? If I get a bad haircut I just tie it back til it grows out. But if it's not long enough - see step 1 lol.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Tue 30 Aug 2016, 10:34 am

LOL that wig XD
Nope, not long enough to really do anything with Laughing Oh well, I guess you're right—hair grows. Like half an inch a month... But half an inch would make it look a lot better already. Well, we'll see...

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Tue 30 Aug 2016, 12:00 pm

bwahahaha, that wig! Rofling

lololol, crabitat Happy

mesamouse- sorry to hear about all the yucky medical stuff. i had to wear a heart monitor for 30 days, it was soooooo awful! my skin was a mess from the adhesive pads. i had to get special fabric ones but they still sucked. hey, it's Tuesday... how did your appointment go?

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Tue 30 Aug 2016, 6:41 pm

scaredymouse wrote:bwahahaha, that wig! Rofling

lololol, crabitat Happy

mesamouse- sorry to hear about all the yucky medical stuff.  i had to wear a heart monitor for 30 days, it was soooooo awful!  my skin was a mess from the adhesive pads.  i had to get special fabric ones but they still sucked.  hey, it's Tuesday... how did your appointment go?

re that wig: it's a hoot and a half! @Artistwolf, how about putting some colorful streaks in your hair, the bright colors that wash out in a few shampoos? That should cheer you up!

And, yes, "crabitat" is a fun word! As a Moderator (oops, "Senior" Moderator -- a few of us were promoted last week) on the Hermit Crab Association website, I get to type "crabitat" several times a day! It's funny, but even on a specialized website, the spellchecker freaks every time I enter "crabitat"...are you sure you don't mean "habitat"? Laugh .

Oh, those holter patches! When the sonographer removed them before the echocardiogram, she said "Boy, you have sensitive skin" as welts arose beneath each patch and a few were weeping. Yuck and ouch!! Today was the CT Coronary Calcium Scoring test to check for plaque in the arteries and see how good a candidate I am for a heart attack in the next 10 years (as if I'll live that long). Took less than 10 minutes, only 4 (or 6 -- I wasn't looking: too busy pretending that I couldn't see the enormous maw of the CT scanner that was getting ready to swallow me whole) electrodes. Once the test started, I kept my eyes closed and had to hold my breath for 10-15 seconds a few times while the bed slid me to and fro into the scanner's maw. Then I thought I was done for: the scanner started to make these higher and higher pitched screams and vibrations to the point that I thought it would either explode or lift off. When the tech came back in the room (funny how they always hide elsewhere as though the radiation could possibly be harmful???), I asked her if the scanner always did the revving for takeoff thing and she said "Yes" but they don't like to tell people beforehand. Why, I wonder? Are they afraid that people, already freaked by having to be sucked into this enormous hoop, would run screaming? Or do the techs just like to watch the reactions of the innocents when the beast starts screaming?

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 30 Aug 2016, 7:29 pm

Oh my goodness! I would think it better to give you a heads up that the noise is normal. Congrats on your promotion!

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Tue 30 Aug 2016, 7:37 pm

how awful! hope your test was unremarkable (doctors love that word)

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Thu 01 Sep 2016, 12:02 pm

scaredymouse wrote:how awful!  hope your test was unremarkable (doctors love that word)

I just got off the phone with my cardiologist and the CT scan was more than "unremarkable": it showed zero plaque! I was stunned because, given the wonky hearts on both sides of the family, plus my own high blood pressure and high cholesterol, I was fully expecting to be in the 50% range (11-100 points on the test). Zero plaque is no guarantee that I still won't be visited by a heart attack in the next 2-10 years but it drops the likelihood down to a mere 5%. He reiterated that the echocardiogram was good and that the 24-hour EKG did pick up those occasional "extra beats" (causing the pulsations I'll feel in my throat and sternum) but there is no cardiac cause for them occurring. No need for any concern but just schedule a visit every six months or so. Now it's down to my gastroenterologist to determine if those "extras" are being triggered by GERD; I see him next Tuesday and really hope that he doesn't want an upper endoscopy -- I am always reluctant to deal with anesthesia and really don't have $200 lying around to cover the co-pay (my dwarf tree out front grows lemons, not dollars LOL). At least, for the moment, I can be a little less stressed and just try to cope with my deteriorating hips and knees. C'est la vie!

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Thu 01 Sep 2016, 10:47 pm

I got to watch my DeviantArt friend (digitally) draw today. It was a lot of fun, and they had a chat area on the website so it was basically like texting and watching her draw. I loved it! She's Irish and like only draws dragons so that's what she was drawing but it was super awesome to see how exactly she drew eyes and stuff. I'm still not used to using a drawing tablet; it's crazy how good people are with them XD

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Thu 01 Sep 2016, 11:27 pm

Oh fun! That sounds really neat, Artist. Smile

The most interesting part of my day today... My indoor/outdoor cat usually comes in at night, but occasionally she wanders and we have to go find her. So tonight I was walking around the neighborhood hoping I would find her as easily as I did last time. My flashlight caught two eyes by someone's bush, so I started walking towards them and talking to it. "Oh, hi kitty. Are you my kitty? Kitty kitty?" Turned out I had been cooing at a shiny garden stake! lol Thank goodness no one was around for that. Wink
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Thu 01 Sep 2016, 11:33 pm

abeona wrote:Oh fun! That sounds really neat, Artist. Smile

The most interesting part of my day today... My indoor/outdoor cat usually comes in at night, but occasionally she wanders and we have to go find her. So tonight I was walking around the neighborhood hoping I would find her as easily as I did last time. My flashlight caught two eyes by someone's bush, so I started walking towards them and talking to it. "Oh, hi kitty. Are you my kitty? Kitty kitty?" Turned out I had been cooing at a shiny garden stake! lol Thank goodness no one was around for that. Wink
Lol! Laugh

What are you doing today? - Page 12 Boyssi17Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, Sage, Rocky, Jack, Willow, Blossom, Sierra, Amber, Olive, Scout, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Fri 02 Sep 2016, 7:13 am

abeona that's hilarious Happy

artistwolf that does sound really cool. I love dragons Love

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Fri 02 Sep 2016, 3:31 pm

LOL Abeona that's awesome XD

It was super awesome. I need to figure out how to film myself drawing. But of course, I can't do it like that because I don't draw digitally Neutral We'll see if I can rig something up Smile

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Fri 02 Sep 2016, 8:04 pm

Artistwolf wrote:I got to watch my DeviantArt friend (digitally) draw today. It was a lot of fun, and they had a chat area on the website so it was basically like texting and watching her draw. I loved it! She's Irish and like only draws dragons so that's what she was drawing but it was super awesome to see how exactly she drew eyes and stuff. I'm still not used to using a drawing tablet; it's crazy how good people are with them XD

Art streams are the best, aren't they? I patron a lot of artists and I'm friends with quite a few, so I go to art streams a lot. One of my friend's streams is where I met a few people who I'm now writing a comic with! At one artist's streams, it gets really crazy, and all the chatters were basically battling for who got to be CEO. I was CEO first, but then I got usurped. Sad
CinnamonPearl
CinnamonPearl

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Fri 02 Sep 2016, 11:18 pm

That's what they're called—art streams!! Yes, they're a ton of fun. Lol that's funny—we were just kind of going crazy in this stream, with my friend talking about almost burning down the school when baking cookies and it was really funny. I've got to figure out how these things work and try my hand at it. I suppose I could just put my iPod on the desk and film downwards. Hm, that's a thought... Not sure how these stream things work, though.

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Sat 03 Sep 2016, 8:29 am

Streaming takes the camera feed and displays it live. The same artist I mentioned earlier streams her traditional art sometimes. She has a camera on a copper wire that films her drawing, so it can be done. I do know that it's easier to stream digital art though. Maybe you could get a digital art program and a tablet?

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 45 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 28 ... 45  Next