Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help telling male/female

4 posters

Go down

Need help telling male/female Empty Need help telling male/female

Post by Jaime Lynn Fri 25 May 2018, 8:44 pm

Hello all! I rescued a baby deer mouse last sunday HeartMouse instead of feeding him every 2 hrs etc i bought a nursing momma mouse and her 3 babies. All are doing great! I plan on releasing baby deer mouse once hes weaned etc. but i know i need to separate the rest of my mouse family. Just having trouble telling. Can anyone help? Thanks soooo much! MouseMouse sorry pics arent too great
Need help telling male/female 15272915
Need help telling male/female 15272916
Need help telling male/female 15272917
Need help telling male/female 15272918
Need help telling male/female 15272919

Jaime Lynn

Back to top Go down

Need help telling male/female Empty Re: Need help telling male/female

Post by Rodents rock! Fri 25 May 2018, 9:05 pm

I keep comparing them all and I just don't know. The first two look different from the third one to me. But there are members here who have a lot of experience in this, so I'm confident someone will be able to look at the photos and tell Very Happy Love the last photo where they are all snuggled together!
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Blessed Fri 25 May 2018, 9:28 pm

What adorable little mice! That's nice of you to rescue him. You may want to set the deer mouse free--like perhaps in a large field or something--when it's old enough and you feel comfortable doing so, though. Smile
The first one for sure I'd say is a girl. The second one I'm pretty certain is a female, too. And the last one looks like a male to me.

Blessed
Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Fri 25 May 2018, 9:52 pm

Blessed wrote:What adorable little mice! That's nice of you to rescue him. You may want to set the deer mouse free--like perhaps in a large field or something--when it's old enough and you feel comfortable doing so, though. Smile
The first one for sure I'd say is a girl. The second one I'm pretty certain is a female, too. And the last one looks like a male to me.

That's what I was thinking! But I don't have a lot of experience, so I didn't want to say wrong info. I'm excited that what I thought is what you said! Very Happy
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaime Lynn Wed 30 May 2018, 1:19 pm

Oh good I was hoping the two “twin” ones were both the same sex. Since I can’t tell them apart. They are real easy going and easy to handle. The 3rd one (dark grey) is a bit more rambunctious lol. And yes we plan on releasing baby (deer mouse/field mouse) and haven’t been handling him etc. but they are all doing great and am so happy I could help the little guy! Had hamsters etc when I was younger and didn’t plan on getting any mice but am happy I did Smile my son loves them all too HeartHeartMouseMouse thx all for the info! Sorry just getting back we went to camp for the weekend etc. thanks again!

Jaime Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Wed 30 May 2018, 9:43 pm

Glad to hear they are all doing well! Very Happy
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope4Allwhobreathe Wed 30 May 2018, 10:24 pm

I would have to say the easiest test is the "nipple" test! If you can clearly see nipples on their underbelly, it's a girl! If not, best bet is that it's a boy.

Also, there are diagrams on the distance between the "bumhole" and their genitals. Short distance = female, longer distance= male

Here's a link!
http://www.fancymice.info/sexing-mice.html

They're so cute! Can't wait to see more pictures Smile

Hope4Allwhobreathe
Hope4Allwhobreathe
Jr Member
Jr Member

Scorpio Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope4Allwhobreathe Wed 30 May 2018, 10:26 pm

Jaime Lynn wrote:Oh good I was hoping the two “twin” ones were both the same sex. Since I can’t tell them apart. They are real easy going and easy to handle. The 3rd one (dark grey) is a bit more rambunctious lol. And yes we plan on releasing baby (deer mouse/field mouse) and haven’t been handling him etc. but they are all doing great and am so happy I could help the little guy! Had hamsters etc when I was younger and didn’t plan on getting any mice but am happy I did Smile my son loves them all too HeartHeartMouseMouse thx all for the info! Sorry just getting back we went to camp for the weekend etc. thanks again!

To me it looks like you have two girls and the darkest colored one looks like a boy- the dark coat doesn't help when you're trying to get a good look at their private bits. Still sooooo cute

Hope4Allwhobreathe
Hope4Allwhobreathe
Jr Member
Jr Member

Scorpio Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down