Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK mouse foods

2 posters

Go down

UK mouse foods Empty UK mouse foods

Post by lupus_corde Sun 19 Jun 2016, 3:01 pm

Hey everyone! I'm just wondering what mouse foods are best in the UK, i'm thinking of using science selective mouse food and beaphar Xtra vital mouse food. I know at least one of these can be found in my local pet store but I believe the beaphar one will need to bought online. One is like pellets/blocks and the other is a seed mix, i'm thinking off putting these together so a) it is not to boring b) they get the nutrition they need and c) they have a bit more of a choice. Also I will have days that fresh veg is offered Smile

My mice: Luna, Eclipse and Galaxy
lupus_corde
lupus_corde
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sunshine

Back to top Go down

UK mouse foods Empty Re: UK mouse foods

Post by MouseLover Sun 19 Jun 2016, 9:52 pm

That's exactly the food combination that I'm using right now Smile My girls in particular loooove the science selective mouse pellets, they eat all of them first. They're quite big for mice though so I usually break them up a bit into thirds/quarters so they're easier to pick up and scurry off with.

I just also give little bits of fruit/veg, various seeds/nuts and dried mealworms as treats. If they're babies/young mice they'll benefit from a bit of extra protein to help with their growth, so mealworms, plain chicken, scrambled eggs, or even bits of dog kibble can all be good sources of protein!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by lupus_corde Mon 20 Jun 2016, 12:00 am

Nice to know! Will try and find some mealworms in my local area then, should be some in the lizard shop Smile

My mice: Luna, Eclipse and Galaxy
lupus_corde
lupus_corde
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sunshine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down