Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rattling breathing

2 posters

Go down

Rattling breathing Empty Rattling breathing

Post by Susieep Sun 23 Sep 2018, 10:47 am

Hi everyone
I got a new mouse today, a rescue as her owner couldn't keep her anymore. The owner apparently bred her but was incredibly vague (could only tell me she was 'about 8 months old')..
She is a PEW (if that makes any difference) and has incredibly clicky breathing. It constantly sounds like a rattle in her chest and she is very thin, I can feel the bones of the spine through her coat. I've had her probably about 5 hours now and she has been eating and seems a happy little mouse, likes exploring, incredibly tame and loving. But she has already been introduced to my existing girls and so 1, I'm scared that this new mouse is really sick and 2, scared that it could pass to my girls.
I'm going to quarantine her.
Does anyone have any experience with this or any advice of things that may help?
The last owner gave me a bag of supplies for her and it also appears she was using wood shavings as bedding.
Look forward to hearing your advice

Susieep

Back to top Go down

Rattling breathing Empty Re: Rattling breathing

Post by Susieep Sun 23 Sep 2018, 11:29 am

This is a video about 2 hours after I got her

Susieep

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sun 23 Sep 2018, 2:38 pm

If she’s constantly clicking, a visit to your veterinarian is needed.

All new mice coming in should be quarantined for at least 3 weeks. More info here: https://www.petmousefanciers.com/t7-quarantine.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down