Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bar spacing for ASFs?

Go down

Bar spacing for ASFs? Empty Bar spacing for ASFs?

Post by Sam Thu 11 Oct 2018, 12:33 pm

Hey there! I'm wondering if anyone knows what bar spacing is okay for African soft furs? I recently found a decent sized bar cage for six dollars at a thrift shop and I think it'll work great for one of my boys. Even as a temporary cage it's a steal, because I know the hide they included is worth 8$ alone Very Happy It's got the floorspace of a twenty gallon and has amazing height.. I'm just worried that they may be able to escape through the 1/2 inch spacing. Need be I'll cover the thing in hardware cloth, but I'd rather not have to

I tried a couple of my babies in it and they did get out through one spot where the bars are a little over 1/2 inch spacing. I'd try my adult male in it to see, but he may have mites and I already have the cage set up and would rather not wash it again

Walk  Mice: Ramen, Gadget, Cricket, Perry, Marvel, Jeepers, Cheese Stick, Brannigan, Pigeon, Missy, Darla Tail FlipASFs: Quil, Merv, Scant, Corvus, Rocket, Beetle, Otter, Koala, Tamarack, Popple, Conifer Tail Flip Cockatiel: Holly WalkGerbils: Kala, Everest, and Mak Walk
Sam
Sam
Jr Member
Jr Member

Batty

Back to top Go down