Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remembering Squeak

2 posters

Go down

Remembering Squeak Empty Remembering Squeak

Post by MouseMom Thu 01 Nov 2018, 10:46 am

Squeak, little sister to Pip.  Adopted April 1, 2018 - October 24, 2018.
Remembering Squeak 44765811

Squeak was the sweetest little thing! Selected because she was the runt of the litter and had a cute little white stripe around her waist and a tail tip that looked like it was dipped in paint. Her fur was luxuriously soft and she loved to be held, petted and burrowing under a loose blanket on the bed. She also was a very good climber and would brave climbing upside down at times! Every time her cage door was opened, she was first to jump up to greet me. She was first to potty train and loved yogurt drops and nuts.

We lost our little Squeakers a week ago and my heart still aches. She had caught a cold at the change of the season by leaving a window cracked open as the heat of the days turned chilly by sundown. Cute little sneezes turned into (presumed) pneumonia quite quickly. She developed this sticky breathing or popping sound. We took her to the vet and had her on antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory for 2 weeks with weekly checkups. The next week she developed a bump between her right eye/nose. She had some days when she had full energy back and was gaining weight and others I feared losing her in the middle of the night . But on day 14 she woke with her little hands balled up, a cloudy eye and a loss of balance, very weak. She may have had a stroke in the night. She just wanted to be held and that I did, close to my heart stroking her soft fur from cheek to tail. In the end, we decided she has suffered enough and likely would not recover from this.  I share this story to convey how sensitive these little fur babies are to changes. Even in sunny San Diego where our temps don't fluctuate much, a simple cold turned deadly for this little girl.

To help Squeak (and me) transition over, my friend and Chinese Medicine Acupuncturist suggested we light a candle each day to "help light her path" for 7 days and 7 weeks. There were some great meditations she also recommended and this all has helped bring peace to my heart. No matter how small, we learn to love them.  Hearts

Last edited by MouseMom on Thu 01 Nov 2018, 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Photo did not attached)

MouseMom

Back to top Go down

Remembering Squeak Empty Re: Remembering Squeak

Post by DoctorFluffs Mon 05 Nov 2018, 1:16 pm

Wow she's beautiful! Do you have any more pictures of her? I'm very sorry for your loss. Amazing how much impact a little mouse can have on our lives Worry but she is in a better place, probably exploring a big fun jungle gym in the sky
DoctorFluffs
DoctorFluffs

Sheepish

Back to top Go down