Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

thinking about cheating on my mice and hamsters

+10
Bandit Cat
Soren
CallaLily
Peachy
AnonymousMouseOwner
MouseLover
Brynne
olimarthemouse
Artistwolf
scaredymouse
14 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

thinking about cheating on my mice and hamsters - Page 4 Empty Re: thinking about cheating on my mice and hamsters

Post by scaredymouse Sun 26 Jun 2016, 5:43 pm

Zoey and Chloe. They are 5 year old sisters.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

thinking about cheating on my mice and hamsters - Page 4 Empty Re: thinking about cheating on my mice and hamsters

Post by River Sun 26 Jun 2016, 5:49 pm

scaredymouse wrote:Zoey and Chloe.  They are 5 year old sisters.  

Cute. Best of luck with them!

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Brynne Sun 26 Jun 2016, 6:13 pm

Congrats!  Chinchillas are GORGEOUS! Like gerbils, very low smell due to being dry desert creatures.

I had one for a year when I was young. (He didn't die, I re-homed him with my best friend.)  His name was Thor.  He didn't like being held, but LOVED playing fetch with a small nylabone toy.  In nice weather, I would put a harness on him and walk him around my apartment building when it was pitch black at night. He entertained himself by indulging in outdoor 'dustbaths' by rolling in the gravel on the edge of the lawn. Don't know what my neighbours thought of us!

Brynne
Sr Member
Sr Member

http://bit.ly/MyOldVHSTapes

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sun 26 Jun 2016, 7:12 pm

Downsizing doesn't sound so bad if you were planning to do that anyway. When do they get to come home, still six weeks? How fun!
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sun 26 Jun 2016, 8:30 pm

I kinda feel like its dumb to wait. After the initial set up cost of the cage, they aren't expensive to keep...

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sun 26 Jun 2016, 8:41 pm

Awww, poor chinchillas. Sad But I know they'll have their furever home with you. Smile I'm not at all surprised you were talked into fostering a mouse too. Laughing

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CAPSLOCK Sun 26 Jun 2016, 10:17 pm

That's great!  Chinchillas are really fairly easy to maintain, just hay and pellets and tasty treats (they love shredded wheat cereal!).  It's actually amazing how little they eat, considering how active they are all night.

Are they actually litter trained?  I was under the impression that chins didn't actually do such things - certainly never seen any that showed any indication that he wanted to use a certain area.  It's typically like you took a giant balloon of chinchilla poo and popped it over their cage every night - chin-poo everywhere!  By far the most time consuming little critter to clean.  But all the poops are nice and dry, so easily swept up.

Unfortunately, chinchillas seem to be coming into shelters more and more - they are more available than they used to be, long lived, and not typically all that handle-able, so a lot of people get them and just don't keep them that long.  Plus they are social, so people keep them together without sexing them properly...
CAPSLOCK
CAPSLOCK
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 27 Jun 2016, 12:27 am

I can't wait for those little trouble makers to get here! They are partially litter trained, i hear they use it about half the time. I'm told it's super easy to vacuum up the poops every day. I think it's adorable that they love watching TV. I'm hoping the get them next weekend, i just have to get the cage set up.

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Mon 27 Jun 2016, 8:33 am

Ooh how exciting! Demand Pictures

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Mon 27 Jun 2016, 9:45 am

That's so exciting! Chinchillas are super awesome... Never had one, but I've always been intrigued by them. My favorite Littlest Pet Shop toy was a chinchilla I named Chip Laughing

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4