Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tis Basically Bird World

3 posters

Go down

Tis Basically Bird World Empty Tis Basically Bird World

Post by AppleCheeks Wed 20 Mar 2019, 3:29 am

Remember me? Wink
Hey! It's been a while!

Did I mention I started working for a bird breeder near me? 3.5hrs just to feed all the birds and another hour alone just cleaning the "chop" bowls (chop is sprouted seeds, fruit and veges etc). The remainder of my day is spent either cleaning cages or handling baby birds so ya know, other than the odd grumpy baby who bites, it's not a bad gig Laughing

I blame work for the newest additions - they came from work so it's all on them! (Well.. two of them came from them at least).

First up. Koda, my loudmouth cuddlebug of a Sun Conure.
Tis Basically Bird World Img_8410Tis Basically Bird World Img_8610
Tis Basically Bird World Img_8611

And the very newest - as of a week or so ago. Oaklyn! She's an eclectus, my biggest bird yet (3 times the size of Koda currently). She had a corneal ulcer when she was pulled from the nest for handraising so she has some residual scarring on her eye (though you hardly notice it).
Tis Basically Bird World Img_8910Tis Basically Bird World Img_8911

Of course I have to include this - an almost complete group picture - it's lacking Oaklyn simply because I didn't have her yet Wink
Tis Basically Bird World Img_8710

Another thing I've failed to tell you all? I also have 6 lovebirds and currently 6 baby lovebirds with 3 more eggs to hatch - it's a mad house I tell you!
Tis Basically Bird World Img_8810Tis Basically Bird World Img_8811Tis Basically Bird World Img_8812Tis Basically Bird World Img_8813

The babies are at the ugly but cute stage - give the bigger 3 a week or two and they'll be WAY less "prickly" Laughing
First clutch is from the bright yellow (mustard) and green (they're pictured together). Originally it was a clutch of 5, 3 big broots and 2 itty bitties - sadly one of the small babies got smooshed and the other wasn't getting much food after the broots had their share so I opted to foster him/her to my other pair.
Pictured are the 3 the parents are left with.
Tis Basically Bird World 54375810

Second clutch, this lot is from the pale yellow (Ivory) and the blueish one (Dutch Blue). They've accepted the wee foster baby and there is still another 3 eggs to hatch yet so they will hopefully has more bubs on the way!
Tis Basically Bird World 54432910
AppleCheeks
AppleCheeks
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Tis Basically Bird World Empty Re: Tis Basically Bird World

Post by River Fri 29 Mar 2019, 9:52 am

Oh, I missed this! I love eclectus. I've always thought the girls looked like they were wearing little overalls. I'm always a little intimidated by their diet, though, lol. My cockatiel eats enough vegetables as it is. Throws them all at the wall, I don't want to imagine what an eclectus would do.

You have a lovely flock going. I love the photo with them all. The 'tiel looks very proud of himself. Red Heart

How do the babies look now?

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleCheeks Fri 05 Apr 2019, 3:01 am

River wrote:Oh, I missed this! I love eclectus. I've always thought the girls looked like they were wearing little overalls. I'm always a little intimidated by their diet, though, lol. My cockatiel eats enough vegetables as it is. Throws them all at the wall, I don't want to imagine what an eclectus would do.

You have a lovely flock going. I love the photo with them all. The 'tiel looks very proud of himself.  Red Heart

How do the babies look now?
For me, her diet is super easy - probably because I just take home some of the food their breeding birds get Laughing

Squiggy (the tiel) is always a show off when Atlas (IRN) is around - don't know why but they've bonded, flirt all day I swear Heart Eyes

As for the babies, it's all been a slight disaster really. I did what I could to save the 4 smallest babies but it was all in vain sadly - none of the 4 smaller babies made it.
Then my proven pair promptly abandons their 2 remaining babies so... I have 5 inside being handraised - 3 planned and 2 not planned Shocked

I dont have pictures of the 2 little abandoned babies - they're still naked wee things BUT...
Tis Basically Bird World Img_8912
AppleCheeks
AppleCheeks
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleCheeks Tue 21 May 2019, 2:04 am

Just for anyone who would like to see more of my birds (and many of my other animals)

Cordane Muttleys is us on FB Smile
AppleCheeks
AppleCheeks
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Fri 24 May 2019, 10:58 am

How did I miss this post??

They’re all so pretty! Congrats on the job. Sounds perfect for you. Cheer

So sorry for the losses. Sad

CallaLily