Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JR Farms bird mix?

2 posters

Go down

JR Farms bird mix? Empty JR Farms bird mix?

Post by deleted Thu 11 Jan 2018, 4:56 am

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/birds/bird_food/parrot/jrfarm/113644
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/birds/bird_food/jrfarm/321349

Would any of these mix work? I know the first one has a very high fat content, but I was thinking I might work if used for scatter feeding, together with some Altromin lab blocks (which only has 4,1% crude fat) ?
If not, is there anything else on zooplus that would be okay? Very Happy

deleted
Jr Member
Jr Member

Festive

Back to top Go down

JR Farms bird mix? Empty Re: JR Farms bird mix?

Post by CallaLily Thu 11 Jan 2018, 8:22 am

The second one has much better fat levels, but if you're mixing with a block food with low fat the first might work. You'll just need to calculate the right ratio to bring the fat down some while still keeping protein and fiber where you want it.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by deleted Thu 11 Jan 2018, 10:40 am

CallaLily wrote:The second one has much better fat levels, but if you're mixing with a block food with low fat the first might work. You'll just need to calculate the right ratio to bring the fat down some while still keeping protein and fiber where you want it.

I might go with the second one then. My only worry is that it contains oyster shells. Do you think that it will be a problem or will they just pick around it?  Scratch

I do not yet have any mice, and I do intend on asking what the breeder feeds. But it would be nice to have some backup knowledge since I can't find anywhere to get my hands on vitakraft bird food, or ingredients to mix myself.

deleted
Jr Member
Jr Member

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 11 Jan 2018, 10:45 am

It's added as a calcium supplement, low on the list and probably crushed. It won't hurt them.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down