Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

eCOTRITION Pro Ultra-Care Flea and Tick Spray for Small Animals

4 posters

Go down

eCOTRITION Pro Ultra-Care Flea and Tick Spray for Small Animals Empty eCOTRITION Pro Ultra-Care Flea and Tick Spray for Small Animals

Post by River Thu 30 Jun 2016, 6:16 pm

I was recommended this for the mite problem I'm having since it's easier to find and 'works'.
The reviews look fine - anyone have experience with it, or thoughts on it? I'd rather not risk them more than needed, but I've heard of a few people using this on hamsters and mice with mites. Only worry is the few mentions of 'smell' it got. Thoughts?

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

eCOTRITION Pro Ultra-Care Flea and Tick Spray for Small Animals Empty Re: eCOTRITION Pro Ultra-Care Flea and Tick Spray for Small Animals

Post by River Thu 30 Jun 2016, 6:26 pm

http://www.petsmart.com/small-pet/health-wellness/8-in-1-small-animal-flea-tick-spray-zid36-2051034/cat-36-catid-600008;pgid=aLN0qH4qyjlSRpeVsSUxcH3.0000UQQXwSdL?_t=pfm%3Dsearch%26SearchTerm%3Dsmall+animal+mite+spray

Or this! Thoughts on either?

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

eCOTRITION Pro Ultra-Care Flea and Tick Spray for Small Animals Empty Re: eCOTRITION Pro Ultra-Care Flea and Tick Spray for Small Animals

Post by CinnamonPearl Thu 30 Jun 2016, 7:01 pm

I have heard that 8-in-1 is completely toxic. I can't guarantee the safety of Ecotrition, but a very common trend is that pet store-sold mites treatments are downright toxic. Just stick to ivermectin. There's not much point in looking for natural remedies or pet store medicines when ivermectin is cheap, efficient, and works like a charm. Have you tried looking on Amazon? They have a relatively cheap bottle on there, and free shipping with amazon prime.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by River Thu 30 Jun 2016, 7:23 pm

I see your point - I was just curious about what's out there, since there seems to be a lot around and I don't know good from bad with mite medicine! I've seen the one on amazon, yep! Very cheap for how long it'll last. I'm gonna check around feedstores and cattle stores first, see how prices go there. Ivermectin has definitely proven itself as the way to go. Lucky for me, I caught it before it got bad - and it's still not bad - so I'm just glad I have enough time. Problem wasn't money-related much at all, really - more of a 'this stuff is pretty hard to find, wonder what else is there' sort of thing.

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 30 Jun 2016, 9:05 pm

The price is pretty much the same at tractor/feed stores, at least the ones here in Michigan. It's going to run you about $20.00 anywhere you get it. The product in the link you posted has been known to kill mice, it's very toxic. Mice are so small and fragile. Part of the problem with it is that you are supposed to spray it on the mouse from 8-12 inches away.... but don't get it in the eyes or face. Well, that's practically impossible on a mouse that's wiggling around. So, not only does it get in the face, the mice breath in the poisonous mist and it causes respiratory failure.

Ivermectin is very safe and the only thing that is safe to give mice without seeing a vet. The dose of the diluted ivermectin is literally one drop on the back of the neck. It's a precise dose, rather that a spray. You don't know how much medicine is actually getting on them, and leads to overdose.

I hate that pet stores recommend this stuff. But in their defense, I imagine they just don't know any better. At TFM, a member used that product and the mouse died. Very sad.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by River Thu 30 Jun 2016, 9:43 pm

Good thing its the same at those stores - its just easier than ordering online. Ordering online is...very....confusing...too many things to enter and I'm always forgetting my mailing address. Ha. Thank you!

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 30 Jun 2016, 9:58 pm

Just make sure to check the expiration date! The tractor supply store I went to had two bottles in stock and one was expired. Luckily they also had a fresh one. In a perfect world, you find one that is good for a while so you can keep it on hand.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Fri 01 Jul 2016, 9:14 am

In addition to Cinna and Scaredy's advice, I thought I'd add that ecotrition and 8-in-1 are the same company. Both sprays you asked about are one in the same.

http://www.ecotrition.com/All-Products.aspx

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down