Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is spider wood safe?

2 posters

Go down

Is spider wood safe? Empty Is spider wood safe?

Post by littlebee84 Sat 16 Nov 2019, 9:31 am

I want to add some branches to my mouse enclosure. Unfortunately, outside is not an option. I'm left to buy online or in store. The reptile section has spider wood and drift wood, are either of these mouse safe? If not other than apple and Willow are safe?

Thanks

littlebee84

Back to top Go down

Is spider wood safe? Empty Re: Is spider wood safe?

Post by Robin~ Sat 16 Nov 2019, 10:00 am

Hello!

Both spiderwood and driftwood can be generally placed under unspecified woods, which are unsafe just due to the fact that we don’t know exactly what it is : P

Grapevine and cork can also be found in the reptile section, and those are definitely safe. Manzanita is also safe.

I haven’t used this site yet, but I’ve heard plenty of good things about it. May be worth a shot Smile
https://www.neherpetoculture.com/wood

Keep in mind that some things, like ghostwood, monkey pods, and jungle vine are also not well understood, but cork, manzanita, and willow are all great options!

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by littlebee84 Sat 16 Nov 2019, 6:51 pm

Robin~ wrote:Hello!

Both spiderwood and driftwood can be generally placed under unspecified woods, which are unsafe just due to the fact that we don’t know exactly what it is : P

Grapevine and cork can also be found in the reptile section, and those are definitely safe. Manzanita is also safe.

I haven’t used this site yet, but I’ve heard plenty of good things about it. May be worth a shot Smile
https://www.neherpetoculture.com/wood

Keep in mind that some things, like ghostwood, monkey pods, and jungle vine are also not well understood, but cork, manzanita, and willow are all great options!

Thanks so much!

littlebee84

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down