Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Giving Mice Hay

2 posters

Go down

Giving Mice Hay Empty Giving Mice Hay

Post by BrendoniUrie Mon 18 Nov 2019, 3:26 pm

I give my mice a handful of hay in their tank occasionally. They always look like they're eating it, but I don't know anything about nutrient absorption. I don't think that they would eat it if it wasn't somehow beneficial for them though. They also do like pulling it out of the container I put it in. There's a clear difference in their behaviour when they are earing the hay versus just causing a giant mess. I like giving them hay, at least as another texture, even if they don't eat it.

For the Oxbow, there are reports of mice having issues when fed EXCLUSIVELY Oxbow, but it can be used to help supplement a diet. The Oxbow I use has its first ingredient listed as brown rice though.

Passed away:
[/i] Jay
the Betta
BrendoniUrie
BrendoniUrie
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aries Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Giving Mice Hay Empty Re: Giving Mice Hay

Post by Robin~ Tue 19 Nov 2019, 1:29 pm

Hello!

Hay is completely safe to give. As long as they aren’t being exclusively fed hay and are eating their seeds and pellets well too I wouldn’t sweat it Smile
The only real benefits would be fiber and for wearing down teeth, but if you’re mice like it it could just be fun for them Smile

Yes, the Oxbow Rat diet is a safe food to feed as it’s not Timothy based.

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by BrendoniUrie Wed 20 Nov 2019, 12:35 pm

Lol, sorry I was trying to reply to another post asking about hay, and I suppose I must have started a new thread. I wouldn't give my mice something without being sure it was ok.

Passed away:
[/i] Jay
the Betta
BrendoniUrie
BrendoniUrie
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aries Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content