Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

first mouse, is this normal behavior?

4 posters

Go down

first mouse, is this normal behavior? Empty first mouse, is this normal behavior?

Post by Moose Tue 16 Jun 2020, 7:56 pm

hello! my mouse is my first ever mouse and so far we’ve been on quite a long, weird, but very happy journey together and i want to know if his behavior in his older age (i’ve had him for a little over a year now) is normal? i made a post before about how his eyeball inexplicably fell out (took him to the vet four times, the vet was stumped but gave me antibiotics for him) and this little trooper is just chugging along as if nothing happened. he eats, poops, plays (albeit a little less which i attribute to him maybe being older now?) but what i have noticed is he is so SO much more affectionate. he always used to ignore or shake my finger away when i’d pet him but now he’ll lay in my hand and let me stroke his little cheek under his ear for minutes, and he leans into my touch and everything. for a long while i thought he had a head tilt which i addressed with the vet but it’s been a few months and i figure him tilting his head is due to him trying to see better with his one eye available to him now. the only other different thing is that he makes more sounds. is this normal for an older mouse? they don’t seem like pain sounds, and he makes them usually when he’s cleaning himself. it’s like tiny little “puffs.” i’ve checked his nose and i don’t notice any discharge, and it’s not a consistent sound so i don’t think it’s upper respiratory (which i brought him to the vet for as well when i first heard him make those sounds.) other than just being more affectionate and those sounds, he’s acting the same as before he lost his eye. can anybody else relate by chance or offer advice? thank you!

Moose
Jr Member
Jr Member

Spooky

Back to top Go down

first mouse, is this normal behavior? Empty Re: first mouse, is this normal behavior?

Post by Robin~ Tue 16 Jun 2020, 8:26 pm

To me it just sounds like he’s sneezing, which doesn’t necessarily mean he has a URI, he may have sniffed up something a bit dusty.

Happy to hear he’s doing well!

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

first mouse, is this normal behavior? Empty Re: first mouse, is this normal behavior?

Post by Moose Wed 17 Jun 2020, 5:05 am

Robin~ wrote:To me it just sounds like he’s sneezing, which doesn’t necessarily mean he has a URI, he may have sniffed up something a bit dusty.

Happy to hear he’s doing well!

thank you very much! he had me worried there for a while and i was preparing myself for the worst but he just continues to reinforce why i love rodents so much!; they’re small, but strong, sweet, and remarkable little animals! thank you for your suggestion, also. maybe it’s something on my shirts bothering his little nose. i’ll try and figure it out! Smile

Moose
Jr Member
Jr Member

Spooky

Back to top Go down

first mouse, is this normal behavior? Empty I'm sorry to change the subject, but WHAT??

Post by Pet-Mousies Thu 18 Jun 2020, 10:01 am

His eyeball... fell out? Can we get a pic of the little one-eyed guy?

Pet-Mousies

Moose likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Mon 22 Jun 2020, 5:02 pm

Pet-Mousies wrote:His eyeball... fell out? Can we get a pic of the little one-eyed guy?

i’d love to put a picture of him! but i’m unsure how. but yes! one day i noticed his eye was protruding and eventually it just dried up and fell out! he’s getting along well without it, though. i think it was more traumatizing for me than him, lol!

Moose
Jr Member
Jr Member

Spooky

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin~ Mon 22 Jun 2020, 5:52 pm

amousewhosqueaks wrote:
i’d love to put a picture of him! but i’m unsure how.

A site like Imgur or Imgbb would be best. I've linked two tutorials below. Smile

http://hamsterhideout.com/forum/topic/150895-imgbb-tutorial/#entry1582145

http://hamsterhideout.com/forum/topic/144562-photo-uploading-tutorial-set-by-step-imgur/#entry1538518

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

first mouse, is this normal behavior? Empty I can teach you how to upload pics

Post by Pet-Mousies Tue 23 Jun 2020, 10:13 am

The easiest way is to go on imgur.com and upload the picture. Then press "hidden" and press "copy link." You can then paste it.

Pet-Mousies

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Tue 23 Jun 2020, 10:29 am

You can upload pictures right from your reply box on the forum. Super easy. Here’s a tutorial.
https://www.petmousefanciers.com/t956-how-to-post-pictures-with-servimg
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down