Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TRUST ADVICE

2 posters

Go down

TRUST ADVICE  Empty TRUST ADVICE

Post by chaosplanet Tue 17 Nov 2020, 11:08 pm

Hi! So i just got my little guy a week ago and found i have made little progress with him trusting me. He always bites at my hand when i put it in, even tho everytime i do its something good like food or a new toy for him to explore. I don't know what else to do i wanna be able to handle him and take him out of his cage because i know he's getting a little bored in there, but he does not get onto my hand he just bites it. i picked him up one time but that was when he was stuck and you think after that hed be like aight bet her hand was pretty rad and safe l but no i tried again after that and he hella bit me, ungrateful thing smh. I love him tho and i am willing to be patient, i just could use some advice on steps i can take?

Thank uuu Confused

Chaos x Smile

chaosplanet

Back to top Go down

TRUST ADVICE  Empty Re: TRUST ADVICE

Post by River Wed 18 Nov 2020, 1:37 am

Does it seem like fear-biting, nibbling, or aggressive biting?

You could coax him into a box or paper-towel roll and move him into a tub (drain covered, towel down) to sit with him. He might be calmer on neutral ground, and come to associate you with safety, familiarity, and shelter.This is how I bond with all my mice, but I have never had a full-on biter. Just nibblers, looking back.

Aggression in mice does have links to genetics AFAIK, though, so if it's aggressive biting, this may be more of an issue.
River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by River Wed 18 Nov 2020, 1:37 am

Does it seem like fear-biting, nibbling, or aggressive biting?

You could coax him into a box or paper-towel roll and move him into a tub (drain covered, towel down) to sit with him. He might be calmer on neutral ground, and come to associate you with safety, familiarity, and shelter.This is how I bond with all my mice, but I have never had a full-on biter. Just nibblers, looking back.

Aggression in mice does have links to genetics AFAIK, though, so if it's aggressive biting, this may be more of an issue.

You should post a picture soon, if he'll let you take one! <3
River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by chaosplanet Wed 18 Nov 2020, 8:29 am

No clue it could just be nibbling ? sometimes its straight biting tho but i cant figure out why hopefully not aggression. but yes thanks ill try that today it'll probably be easier to transport him that way and make him less anxious and hopefully less aggressive if i give him more space to explore.

Thank you! ill definitely post a picture soon yours is so cute! Smile

chaosplanet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down