Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

They only leave the pellets / Picky eating

3 posters

Go down

They only leave the pellets / Picky eating Empty They only leave the pellets / Picky eating

Post by River Mon 11 Jul 2016, 3:53 pm

Okay, so my mice aren't 'very' picky. They eat everything in the mix, except for the small pellets - shaped like rabbit pellets, little sticks - which they leave in the bottom of the bowl. Should I leave those until they eat them, or just keep refilling the bowl since it's only one item left behind?

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

They only leave the pellets / Picky eating Empty Re: They only leave the pellets / Picky eating

Post by Artistwolf Mon 11 Jul 2016, 3:55 pm

Those little pellets are often of hardly any value nutritionally, so it doesn't matter. You can just refill the bowl Smile I'm pretty sure that's what Norman's Mom said on TFM, at least.

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

They only leave the pellets / Picky eating Empty Re: They only leave the pellets / Picky eating

Post by River Mon 11 Jul 2016, 3:57 pm

Alright. I'm just lucky they don't leave anything else Laughing . Since I'm running out of the current mix I'll start on switching them over to a different food that won't have any pellets anyways! Thanks.

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 11 Jul 2016, 8:02 pm

I dont remember what mix your using but it sounds like you're describing alfalfa pellets. I see lots of people say their mice ignore them and agree with Artist that it's no biggie.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by River Mon 11 Jul 2016, 8:30 pm

Pretty sure it is alfalfa pellets, yeah. The mix is some crappy wild harvest food that I (Stupidly) got when I got them. Woops. I forgot which type specifically, as it's in a storage bin now, but nonetheless, we're making the switch to the good stuff soon.

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down