Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mouse sneezing, and respiratory infection questions.

2 posters

Go down

Mouse sneezing, and respiratory infection questions. Empty Mouse sneezing, and respiratory infection questions.

Post by Splentaforous Mon 01 Feb 2021, 3:54 pm

I've got a few questions about respiratory infections that I can't seem to find answers to. One of my mice is just about 2 years old now, and she's recently started sneezing. Her breathing isn't clicky or irregular, she just sneezes occasionally. My first thought was that it was a respiratory infection, but she doesn't have any other symptoms but sneezing. I took out all her aspen bedding and anything I thought she could be allergic to, and her sneezing slowed down for a few days, but it's started again today. She lives with 4 other mice, and none of them are sneezing, so I was wondering if respiratory infections are contagious, or not because they have no symptoms and the sneezing has been on and off for a few weeks. I was going to take her to the vet 2 weeks ago, but it stopped, and then started again, and then stopped again. I'm just unsure if this is an infection or an allergy, and wanted some opinions before I book a vet appointment. Thank you Smile
Splentaforous
Splentaforous

Back to top Go down

Mouse sneezing, and respiratory infection questions. Empty Re: Mouse sneezing, and respiratory infection questions.

Post by ApricotWinter Tue 02 Feb 2021, 2:51 pm

It may just be age catching up with her... How often is she sneezing? Did you recently make a change in diet, bedding (other than taking out apsen) or other things like that??? I would seperate her for a few days and watch her closely. If it continues I would take her to the vet. Although it may just be her new way of communicating... Let us know!
ApricotWinter
ApricotWinter

Libra

Back to top Go down