Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Single Female

3 posters

Go down

Single Female Empty Single Female

Post by Anilec Sun 22 Apr 2018, 8:29 pm

A little over a month ago I took in two female mice that I named Snowy and Summer. Unfortunately last week Snowy took a turn for the worse and passed away. Now that I'm left with only the one little lady I'm wondering If I should look into getting her a friend? She is almost 10 months old and as they have such a short life is it worth it? The main problem is there is no pet breeders or rescues that have mice near me. (these girls came from someone re homing them). So my only option would be from the feeder bin at the pet store which I would really hate to support. Also how hard are female mice intros? What is the chance of her rejecting a newcomer?

Ps. My main man Mr. Meeseeks is still doing wonderfully Smile

Single Female GZ6s4n7

Here is Miss Summer.
Anilec
Anilec

Back to top Go down

Single Female Empty Re: Single Female

Post by Chinchillasxoxo Sun 22 Apr 2018, 10:13 pm

This is a hard decision but I would recommend getting at least two more females and then if your current girl passes away the others are still together. It is best for her to have some friends especially since she might not be around much longer you want to make it fun for her. Do your very best to not buy from feeder bins, even though the mice shouldn't be there you would be supporting them. However it is your only choice go rescue a couple. It depends on each mouse but a neutral introduction should be okay. Just remember to place them in neutral territory and for short periods of time before putting them into together permanently. Chinchillasxoxo
Chinchillasxoxo
Chinchillasxoxo

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinchillasxoxo Sun 22 Apr 2018, 10:15 pm

Ooops. Meant if it is your only choice, go rescue a couple from the bins
Chinchillasxoxo
Chinchillasxoxo

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleCheeks Tue 24 Apr 2018, 1:26 am

Personally I would definitely look at getting her a friend or two! 10 months can actually still be considered somewhat young in mice - I've had many live 3 or so years Smile
AppleCheeks
AppleCheeks
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down