Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Female Allergic to Male????

4 posters

Go down

Female Allergic to Male???? Empty Female Allergic to Male????

Post by ApricotWinter Thu 22 Apr 2021, 2:50 pm

Hey everybody! I have been trying to breed one of my mice, Tigress. She had a URI in the past, but she recovered completely and was doing great! So, I tried breeding her. I put her in with my male, Acorn. Acorn's cage smelled bad because he is a boy. Laughing But it was pretty clean for him. So, it has been about 5 days since I put her in his cage, and she has developed a bit of a URI!!!! This happened once before, but I separated her immediately and thought it was a fluke... But now I am really confused.Confused Acorn has never shown any signs of URI and neither have any other females... Has anyone ever had this happen before? Advice? Yes, I have read the breeding packet. Any advice would be appreciated. Undecided
ApricotWinter
ApricotWinter

Libra

Back to top Go down

Female Allergic to Male???? Empty Re: Female Allergic to Male????

Post by River Thu 22 Apr 2021, 7:22 pm

She can't be allergic to men any more than we can. Wink

URI's can be triggered by stress, especially shortly after recovering. If the introduction hasn't been gradual that may play a part? Confused Or maybe she's vocalizing...depends on the symptoms, but hard to say. Laughing

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by ApricotWinter Fri 23 Apr 2021, 12:04 pm

Hmm. I took her out of Acorn's cage as soon as she started developing symptoms, she is fine now. I might just not breed her! Her symptoms are wheezing and struggling to breathe.
ApricotWinter
ApricotWinter

Libra

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sat 24 Apr 2021, 1:47 pm

Respiratory infections can cause symptoms/scarring that continue to flare up long after the infection is gone, so I would also blame this on stress. I had a lady that was treated for a URI and separated for months because every time I tried to introduce her she’d make the clicking sounds again. Eventually we just pushed through and she spent the rest of her life clicking off and on, but I agree with not using her for breeding. Smile
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by ApricotWinter Sat 24 Apr 2021, 3:52 pm

Ok, thanks for the advice. It's a shame I can't use her for breeding because she is quite a pretty little mouse.
ApricotWinter
ApricotWinter

Libra

Back to top Go down

Post by LunariusH Mon 24 May 2021, 7:08 pm

River wrote:She can't be allergic to men any more than we can. Wink

Hey there! My first posting here. Just wanted to point out that it is possible to be allergic to semen (for both men and women) so it's not outside the realm of possibility?  Just not sure how common it is (if at all) in mice.

LunariusH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down