Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fancy mice + “feeder” mice?

2 posters

Go down

Fancy mice + “feeder” mice?  Empty Fancy mice + “feeder” mice?

Post by :) Fri 18 Jun 2021, 9:17 am

Hi!
I’m a mom of 2 “feeder” female mice (I think that’s how are called those mice who aren’t fancy and are smaller and usually sold as food). I got them because, besides I love mice, in Spain there are hardly any fancy mice breeder (in fact it doesn’t exist in my city). The thing is I’m moving out soon to another city where I’ve found some good breeders, so I’m wondering if I could get a fancy mice to live with my feeder mice, I’ve been searching info in internet but I haven’t found anything about this and I don’t know if this is crazy or something possible. I would love to have a fancy mice but I want to make sure that’s safe for my babies.

Thanks! Heart
:)

Gemini

Back to top Go down

Fancy mice + “feeder” mice?  Empty Re: Fancy mice + “feeder” mice?

Post by River Sat 19 Jun 2021, 7:40 pm

Feeder mice are the exact same species as fancy mice, actually! Fancy mice just refers to domestic mus musculus.

Feeder mice are just fancy mice who are bred to feed other animals. Other than having potentially worse genetics, they're the exact same as those bred as pets by other breeders. They tend to be PEW's but can be any color. They can absolutely live together! As always, make sure you introduce properly. Smile

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by :) Sun 20 Jun 2021, 4:13 am

River wrote:Feeder mice are the exact same species as fancy mice, actually! Fancy mice just refers to domestic mus musculus.

Feeder mice are just fancy mice who are bred to feed other animals. Other than having potentially worse genetics, they're the exact same as those bred as pets by other breeders. They tend to be PEW's but can be any color. They can absolutely live together! As always, make sure you introduce properly. Smile

Thanks for your reply, it relieves me! I will prepare everything to make a good introduction them Wink <3

Gemini

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down