Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bedding dilemma

2 posters

Go down

bedding dilemma Empty bedding dilemma

Post by islao1234 Fri 21 Jan 2022, 12:07 pm

so i’ve got a problem finding a bedding that doesn’t give some of my mice respiratory infections. my first male mouse got one when i was using kaytee clean and cosy, so i swapped to aubiose hemp and he was very healthy on that, when he passed from old age i adopted a group of 6 girls and they were doing really well on the hemp for 2 months, and then i adopted 4 males 2 of which got respiratory infections from the hemp. now 2 of the girls are sneezing/ chattering and i need to find a bedding because the hemp doesn’t seem to be working. but every suitable bedding i find has loads of reviews saying ‘don’t use for mice’ or ‘really dusty’ including chipsi classic, carefresh and other hemp brands.
so i guess i don’t really know what to do because you know it’s not a good sign when you become familiar at the vets 😬 any advice on what to do?

islao1234
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

bedding dilemma Empty Re: bedding dilemma

Post by evv.09 Fri 21 Jan 2022, 11:34 pm

I’m not sure, but maybe try aspen? Care fresh usually works for most people, but I’ve never used it myself. If nothing is working, you could try like a base inch of wooden cat litter pellets and shredded paper. They wouldn’t be allergic to it and the pellets would be good for odor control and the paper could be burrowed in. Again, I haven’t tried this but many people say it works. Hope this helps!

evv.09

Back to top Go down