Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sarah URI

5 posters

Go down

Sarah URI Empty Sarah URI

Post by AnonONIagent Fri 05 Aug 2016, 1:30 pm

I woke up this morning to hear Sarah wheezing. Since then she's stopped, but she's still quite sneezy. I've made her an appointment at the vet for Monday morning; that was the earliest I could get her in. Hopefully she lasts that long.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW), Lucy (Brindle), and Sarah (PEW)
AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Sarah URI Empty Re: Sarah URI

Post by scaredymouse Fri 05 Aug 2016, 2:33 pm

aw, sorry to hear that. monday is so far away! if you have a humidifier, she would benefit from it being used near her tank. if her breathing seems labored, you could even bring her into the bathroom while you take a shower. the high humidity can sometimes help them breathe better.

make sure she stays hydrated and is eating. if those things slow down, run out and get some KMR kitten milk, then dilute 50/50 with water. this stuff has saved many a life the night before a vet visit.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Sat 06 Aug 2016, 11:19 am

Her breathing is definitely still noisy, but she thankfully doesn't seem terribly bothered. She's still eating, drinking, and playing like normal. Regardless, we're keeping a very close eye on her to make sure she doesn't suddenly go downhill. I've been taking her in the room with me whenever I take a shower as well.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sat 06 Aug 2016, 8:55 pm

I hope Sarah will be alright.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Sun 07 Aug 2016, 9:47 am

Sarah seems to be getting more congested now, but so far it still isn't bothering her much. She seems annoyed by all the sneezing she's doing, but otherwise she's acting fine. Hopefully she doesn't go any further downhill.

AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by peas Sun 07 Aug 2016, 11:32 am

You should get her to the vet right away.

Find any vet, a day can make all the difference.

If you are noticing symptoms and they have gotten worse from one day to the next, it's a very bad sign.
If you wait it may be too late for the medication to do anything even if she's still alive.

Even if a mouse is still appearing active they can be very sick.   My mouse Wormy that just died a week ago was half-sparking and trying to run on her wheel about 6 hours before she stopped eating or drinking.

peas
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Sun 07 Aug 2016, 12:43 pm

peas wrote:You should get her to the vet right away.

Find any vet, a day can make all the difference.

If you are noticing symptoms and they have gotten worse from one day to the next, it's a very bad sign.
If you wait it may be too late for the medication to do anything even if she's still alive.

Even if a mouse is still appearing active they can be very sick.   My mouse Wormy that just died a week ago was half-sparking and trying to run on her wheel about 6 hours before she stopped eating or drinking.
I called probably ten to fifteen local vets. Monday at 10:00 AM was the earliest I could get her seen anywhere.

AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Sun 07 Aug 2016, 1:45 pm

If you stress that it's an emergency, someone should take you in. I can't imagine any responsible vet would deny you care if you stress that she's getting worse. If the receptionists are giving you trouble, demand to speak to a vet. They're usually much more understanding and willing to find time for you.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Sun 07 Aug 2016, 2:51 pm

She's doing better since this morning; she's sneezing much less and her breathing is the clearest its been in the past few days. So I'm not too worried that she's getting worse right now. Her symptoms generally seem to be worst in the morning, I've noticed.

Additionally, none of the vets in my area are open on Sundays, I've found.

AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Sun 07 Aug 2016, 3:01 pm

Oh, pffft, I forgot it was Sunday. I thought it was Thursday for some reason! She should be fine until then. And I'm glad to hear she's doing fine.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Mon 08 Aug 2016, 11:49 am

Sarah was a big hit at the vet today! Everybody loved her, and they snapped a picture of her to put on their Facebook page.

Anyways, I got her some baytril and they also gave me some ivermectin since I hadn't gotten around to treating any of the mice for mites yet. They don't think Sarah's infection is bacterial yet, and the baytril should prevent it from becoming such.

AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 08 Aug 2016, 2:52 pm

Aw, that's sweet Smile

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down