Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is blizzard or anti-pill fleece safe for mice?

4 posters

Go down

Is blizzard or anti-pill fleece safe for mice? Empty Is blizzard or anti-pill fleece safe for mice?

Post by MooMouse Sun 28 Aug 2016, 10:48 am

I want to make a hammock for my mouse but I only have blizzard and anti-pill fleece. I don't even think that the craft stores near me sell polar fleece, which is what I read was reccomended. Just wondering if these materials are safe for mice Smile
MooMouse
MooMouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

1st Place -- January 2017

Back to top Go down

Is blizzard or anti-pill fleece safe for mice? Empty Re: Is blizzard or anti-pill fleece safe for mice?

Post by MesaMouse Sun 28 Aug 2016, 10:59 am

As long as the fleece is not made from cotton, you're OK. Most blizzard fleece is made from polyester so all good there. Anti-pilling fleece can be made from a variety of natural and synthetic fibers so double-check the content of the one you have. It's the cotton-based fleece that you want to avoid as cotton strands (whether in cloth, ropes, bedding materials) can easily catch mousie toes and might even be ingested.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Is blizzard or anti-pill fleece safe for mice? Empty Re: Is blizzard or anti-pill fleece safe for mice?

Post by MouseLover Sun 28 Aug 2016, 11:07 am

I'm pretty sure blizzard fleece is just another term for polar fleece Smile you can get anti-pill polar fleece, so that one might be fine too. But if you're not sure I'd use the blizzard fleece Smile

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sun 28 Aug 2016, 10:09 pm

I use them all, as long as they say 100% polyester. the different names have to do with the thickness of the fabric and its durability. other than that, they are all safe.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down