Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting my gerbil a NEW cage:)

+6
Rodents rock!
River
Peachy
MesaMouse
AnonymousMouseOwner
olimarthemouse
10 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Getting my gerbil a NEW cage:) - Page 3 Empty Re: Getting my gerbil a NEW cage:)

Post by Rodents rock! Sun 04 Sep 2016, 11:18 am

olimarthemouse wrote:
MouseLover wrote:Out of curiosity, is there any reason you're not planning on getting another gerbil? If she's not playing very much, perhaps she is lonely? Or can gerbils not be introduced easily?

There are a couple. 1. I had problems for about the first 6-9 months of  them fighting. Like, drawing blood. They eventually bonded, after much headache and hassle. Once bonded they never fought again. I think Oreo gained the territory and it was decided she was the head gerbil Laughing 2. She is about 2 and 1/2 years old. Getting another one now would mean that Oreo would probably pass long before the new one, and then that would leave the new one alone, and me in a pickle. 3. She doesn't really seem lonely. I honestly think it's because she doesn't have much to do in her big cage.
How about adding lot of toys to the bin cage to make it more fun and interesting for her? You could section off part of it to put deep bedding for digging and tunneling and then in the rest of the bin add lots of things to crawl through and chew on.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Getting my gerbil a NEW cage:) - Page 3 Empty Re: Getting my gerbil a NEW cage:)

Post by Peachy Sun 04 Sep 2016, 11:22 am

Rough introductions was why I didnt get more gerbils after my girl's mom died... good to know males should be easier! I'd love to get gerbils again someday. The first time I tried to scoop a gerbil like you'd scoop a mouse, they just walked right out of my hands. Laughing
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sun 04 Sep 2016, 11:33 am

abeona wrote:Rough introductions was why I didnt get more gerbils after my girl's mom died... good to know males should be easier! I'd love to get gerbils again someday. The first time I tried to scoop a gerbil like you'd scoop a mouse, they just walked right out of my hands. Laughing

Pip jumps into my hand and then he jumps onto my shirt and climbs up to my shoulder and just sits there and looks all around. He is the sweetest gerbil ever! Love
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sun 04 Sep 2016, 11:55 am

That is sweet, how lucky! Love My girls never wanted to be held but they were okay with being pet. When my older one, Georgia, was dying she finally wanted to be held, but only in the cage. lol
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Sun 04 Sep 2016, 12:48 pm

I actually think the "banned pets" thing makes a lot of sense because it's our (well, humans') fault that they are banned. I once read a really fascinating book—100 Alien Invaders—and was totally blown away at how many nonnative animals are wiping out the natural population because of stupid people who released their pets into the wild. Besides, I think a lot of "exotic" type animals should be restricted that only people who actually will be committed to the difficult care of them. Of course that's kind of impossible to do, but anyway that's not my point. I just think we shouldn't be so quick to say "that's not fair! They should make it legal!"

Wow, I think I sometimes seem like a really stern person on this forum Laughing Sorry!!

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Sun 04 Sep 2016, 1:52 pm

Artistwolf - I feel like people should have to pass a test before owning any species, to prove they've done their research Laughing perhaps I'm the stern one!

Gerbils are very cute indeed. I basically want all the rodents lol. Definitely want gerbils, rats, roborovski hamsters, chinese hamsters, harvest mice, african pygmy dormice, zebra mice. I think I will always own mice though.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sun 04 Sep 2016, 2:49 pm

MouseLover wrote:Artistwolf - I feel like people should have to pass a test before owning any species, to prove they've done their research Laughing perhaps I'm the stern one!

Gerbils are very cute indeed. I basically want all the rodents lol. Definitely want gerbils, rats, roborovski hamsters, chinese hamsters, harvest mice, african pygmy dormice, zebra mice. I think I will always own mice though.
My next rodents will either be 3 female mice or a Syrian hamster. Or both! LOL
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Sun 04 Sep 2016, 3:34 pm

True!!! Laughing

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by olimarthemouse Sun 04 Sep 2016, 7:36 pm

Well, I'm back from a fun day of shopping and having dinner with my family! I got Oreo a 20H gallon tank. I filled it with the highest amount of bedding she has ever had and she seems to love it! I bought it so she could burrow more, and she seems very happy! I have a video of her that I have to edit and I'll upload it to YouTube sometime this week and can share it with you all, if you're interested:D
olimarthemouse
olimarthemouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sweet Tooth

https://www.youtube.com/c/HannahsAnimals

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sun 04 Sep 2016, 8:01 pm

That sounds so fun! I'd love to see a video. Heart Eyes lol
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Sun 04 Sep 2016, 8:08 pm

That's adorable, she must love being able to burrow around in there Very Happy would definitely be interested in a video Smile

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sun 04 Sep 2016, 10:21 pm

Sounds like a great new home for her! Would love to see a video!! Bliss
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by olimarthemouse Tue 06 Sep 2016, 11:10 am

Here's the video:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aWS-DRnfHA
olimarthemouse
olimarthemouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Tue 06 Sep 2016, 11:21 am

She is cute!! And she looks so happy. Have you tried burying boxes for her to discover under all that bedding? My gerbils loved that. lol
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by olimarthemouse Tue 06 Sep 2016, 12:08 pm

abeona wrote:She is cute!! And she looks so happy. Have you tried burying boxes for her to discover under all that bedding? My gerbils loved that. lol

I did bury a huge tunnel under it all, but she has dug it up. I have thought about it, I just have to get some boxes.
olimarthemouse
olimarthemouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next